This Bible passage has always bothered me.......

by palmtree67 66 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Mankind is brutal! it was true of then and equally true now.
    When we goto war these days governments including our own allow for 'exceptable losses' of the innocent. we haven't changed we just can pretend the slaughter doesn't happen because we don't have to see it, just press a button.

I agree, Reniaa.

I do not understand why somebody would expect "God's Chosen People" to be perfect because the Jews aren't and never said they were. If the Jews wanted everyone to think they are perfect, they certainly could have edited the Bible, taken out all the bad stuff. But they didn't. And there is a reason why they didn't. However, most people don't want to think about what that reason might be or look deeper than the words written. It's soooo much easier to just curse God and turn away.

I guess it's true that we see what we choose to see.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

This Bible account is simply an antitype, a prophetic pattern for greater future fulfillment. Since an event like this took place in the Promised Land, "flowing with milk and honey", certainly a proportionately greater event will take place in God's New World.

Sorry ladies, but when men are disobedient, women have to be punished to teach the men a lesson. God doesn't change. I'd like to say that I don't necessarily agree with God on this matter, but who am I to argue with the will of God in slaughtering women? If I were to openly disagree with God, he might allow an innocent woman to be slaughtered.

• possible-san
    possible-san

palmtree67.

Ummmm....Last of The Mohicans aside

Regrettable. LOL
    Since that talk did not develop, I am regretful.

I think that this movie and Bible are related.

http://youtube.com/v/5TiDe5C0OFc&fmt=18

I think that God is teaching that males should protect ladies, IMO.

“. . .When David came with his men to the city, why, there it was burned with fire, and, as for their wives and their sons and their daughters, they had been carried off captive.” 1 SAMUEL 30:3

“. . .And David got to deliver all that the Amalekites had taken, and his two wives David delivered.” 1 SAMUEL 30:18

“. . .And he proceeded to recover all the goods, and he recovered also Lot his brother and his goods and also the women and the people.” GENESIS 14:16

God has not forgiven wickedness, IMO. (JUDGES 20:23,28,35)

Well, I think that the Bible is filled with myths and figure of speech.
    As the fact, God does not speak to humans such.

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In the beginning, he followed his wife with intentions to "speak kindly to her to bring her back."

It makes me think of the insincerity of abusers.

Also, he wasn't comfortable staying with her family because he prolly knew they would see through him.

And the cutting her up in twelve pieces sounds like mafia godfather stuff.

It is gross and perverted...very Dahmer-esque.

If sending the pieces of her body out to the 12 tribes was meant to be a message....what exactly was the message supposed to be?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Hey, all I know is we can ask them about it in the paradise.

Oh, wait we won't be there because we don't believe in 1914.

Doh !

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i have lost ALL faith in the god of the bible.

if there is a god it is definetely one who does sanction this behavior.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Cameo asked "If sending the pieces of her body out to the 12 tribes was meant to be a message....what exactly was the message supposed to be?"

The message was that free shipping was available during the time of the Judges.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit