I ran into an ex-JW on vacation. We're everywhere.

by MegaDude 42 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Purps, it was a good trip.

Rabbit, yes, it's a parrot fish. I watched these fish take huge mouthfuls of algae or green stuff growing on the corral. At night they park in the corral to hide from predators and blow a mucus bubble around themselves.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Stunning, awesome pictures!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Way cool photos. I snagged one of the sunsets for wallpaper. I hope you don't mind?

How deep did you dive?

Chris

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Mathematically if there are 7 million JWs in the world at a given period then with only 37% retained it would mean there has to be something like 5 million ex-JWs out there in the world.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Tuesday: (not to hijack the thread!)

I don't know this year's Memorial attendance, but just from memory, I think there's about 14,000,000? I don't think a large percentage of the extra attenders are the newly interested, at least in the West; most of these have to be the df'd, da'd and faders who do the once a year surfacing to keep family happy, so I think 5 million is a minimum. There's probably just as many that don't show at the memorial at all, so I am sure we are OVER the 7 million mark! The tipping point has been reached - yahoo!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Well with the 14,000,000 I think that some of those could be studies and spouses of ex-JWs. I was just doing the math of percentage that leave from the amount that are currently JWs. It's also not taking into account the percent of growth each year which would increase the number leaving. Personally I think there are more ex-JWs in the world than JWs.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I loved the Caymans when I was there in November 2007. I did not get to go out with the stingrays because the winds were too bad until the day I left the islands for home...the rest of my family got to go out on the catamaran...they also got to do the turtle release.

Did get to see some great scenery (though there was still a lot of damage from Hurricane Ivan) and drink some nice island beer...Caybeer... and that harddough bread that they sell at the IGA stores there...especially when it is still warm from the bakery....man that stuff was great... heavy bread that you can really enjoy.

I have pics but not as good as yours... I wanna go back...maybe Toni and I will go there for our honeymoon...the family has a timeshare.

Snakes (Rich )

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Chris,

Snag away.

As to depth, I try to hover around 70 or 80, but did go to 100 a couple of times. I saw more life at the shallower depths.

---Personally I think there are more ex-JWs in the world than JWs.

Tuesday, I would bet you that's true.

Snakes,

The damage caused by Hurricane Ivan seems largely repaired. We drove all the way to the east end of the island and everything looked good. There are still a few houses that were wiped of everything but a couple of walls and the foundation, but they were few and far between. I'll have to get that bread next time. They used to make Stingray Beer but not anymore. Now it's Caybrew. The Brits (who seem to have all the diving shop jobs) despise it, but when you're hot and thirsty it went down easy.

• MegaDude
  • MegaDude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit