Even in their prayers they prove that they are a cult.

by Sour Grapes 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Real great prayer for Sunday meeting that is open to the public!!!!

Reel 'em on in!!!!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

When I read this post it reminded me so much of the movie "The Village". Keep them in fear of the horrors and evil 'out there'. A great ploy of mind control.

Hopscotch

• etna
    etna

Sour grapes that just makes me sick how aloof they think they are. They are certainly like the Pharisees.

• dinah
    dinah

F them and their horse

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

faithful slave is probably used 3 times on average in every kingdom hall prayer I hear!

we have opened our eyes, but they worship "the slave"

• carla
    carla

Have they ever read Luke 18:9-14?

frm NIV-

9-To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable:

10-"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.

11-The Pharisee stood up and prayed about [fn] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men-robbers, evildoers, adulterers-or even like this tax collector.

12-I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13-"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14-"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i guess according to luke's words (actually jesus) the evil slave right now is teaching us to glorify them (self glorification).

they are worse than the criminals too!

gotta love it!

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I don't say 'amen' to prayers I don't agree with. In fact, I don't say amen very often. I think amen means something like 'I agree' or 'so be it', so if I don't agree with it, I don't say amen :) And some of their prayers rabbit on for soooooo long. You can see the elderly wobbling, little kids fidgeting and getting annoyed and others just about nodding off!

• Chalam
    Chalam

And some of their prayers rabbit on for soooooo long.

Agreed! Another classic sign of Pharisaical ungodly prayers

Matthew 6:5-9 (New International Version)

Prayer
    5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 "This, then, is how you should pray:
    " 'Our Father in heaven,
    hallowed be your name,

Whist we are here, once again note Jesus tells us to pray to "our Father".

All the best,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think most that read the bible will agree that the JW's have far more in common with the Pharasiees and the Jewish priestly class than they do with Christ and his followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit