Even in their prayers they prove that they are a cult.

by Sour Grapes 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

At the meeting Sunday the Brother giving one of the prayers said

"that we than You for your organization because people who are outside

of the congregation are corrupt and wicked."

At my employment I deal with hundreds of people who are not JW's

and I don't know of one who is corrupt or wicked. Most of them are

God fearing people who go out of their way to help people.

Sour Grapes

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How many people on the outside are nothing more than victims of the system? People today are victims of the media, which in turn is victim of the Establishment (they know the truth, but are coerced to lie to protect the Establishment). Schools are basically owned by the Establishment--teach what the Establishment tells you, or the credits do not count. Colleges that go outside the Establishment cannot have their credits counted. And we are the victims of this--slowly making it up in the company, while being prevented from making it up high enough to really change things.

The witlesses are not immune to this. Besides this, they have their own Establishment that has to be protected. They are not only fed crap from the Establishment media, but are told not to look at other media (especially going online). And most of them will happily hound you to go to the boasting sessions and waste more time in field circus, as the hounders continually hounding people to do ever more (choking off time for real things). And, at the top, there is one of the most corrupt group of people on the planet (in fact, they are hellbent on plunging the world into the Second Dark Ages with their religion and have already done that with the congregations).

And why thank Jehovah for being part of the most corrupt organization on the planet?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

The watchtower is itself a product of the world & therefore those in it are very much a part of the world. They are just too damn stupid to realise it.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Did not the Pharisees also not think they were better than others?

Bangalore

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Yeah, at one of my last meetings a brother giving a #3 or 4 talk used the opportunity to go on and on about the "wordly" people he had to deal with at work. I think the subject might have had to do with brotherly love or how great the "brotherhood" is and to illustrate it he went on about how awful it is to work all day with "worldly people" but how refreshing it is to be at meetings with our brothers. He seemed really pissed at his co-workers. All I could think while he was speaking was how I wondered how many "worldly" people might be in the audience and how would they take his words if I as a JW of many years was getting offended. But then again, maybe I was one of the few that actually came out of the "world" and never liked being labeled as such.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Sounds exactly like an illustration Jesus gave about who was more righteous: the proud pharisee thanking God that he wasn't like the sinners, or the contrite, humble sinner who was so sorry that he couldn't even raise his head.

• dogon
    dogon

I have heard a lot of clap trap in prayrs, there is a bit of space given on prayr and if you get an idiot for an elder or some wanabe who is let pray for the cong. they can go off the deep end of the pool. Spending your time around these nut jobs makes your mind like oat meal. It is a dead end. They only have the power you give to them. I really have no sympathy for those who stay in and cry that its bad.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Have you ever heard them pray for those who are currently studying "Bible truths?"

Just once? Ever?

Or are the "honest-hearted ones" who accept a study in the same pool, outside the congregation, as the corrupt and wicked too?

~Sue

• flipper
    flipper

SOUR GRAPES- What a disgusting prayer. It gives me the creeps. It shows how mind controlled the witnesses are getting to believe EVERYBODY outside their organization is evil and bad. Wow. We knew they have always thought it and talked in meetings about it- but to say it in a prayer ? Sounds rather sacriligious to me and extremely arrogant . No wonder they entrap people through fear of exiting the cult. They will all turn EVIL ! Allegedly. Not

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

For that matter, what about giving thanks and praying for strength, for those newly reinstated?

Bueller? Bueller?

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit