I was baptised today!!!

by Blithe Freshman 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Hi,

I just want to share my happiness !

The church I've been attending had scheduled last Sunday for baptisms. I was out of town for my family reunion & very disapointed over having to wait. But they were rained out & so after hearing the announcement in church this morning that today was the day, I approached our pastor to be dunked . Had a quick conversation with him after the service, made a few phone calls & hurried home to grab my swim suit & towel. My husband & three of my children came to watch! Afterwards we all enjoyed a picnic & swim party. 9 others were baptised today , one,who is also a former JW , I met last fall at the Witnesses for Jesus Convention.We were both able to give a testimony of the changes in our lives and difference between what we were doing today & our JW baptisms.

Blithe Freshman

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Congratulations

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Congratulations Blithe !

• parakeet
    parakeet

Don't you know it's bad manners to double-dip?

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Congratulations.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

out of the frying pan, into the too-hot-for-good-health-but-prolly-won't-kill-ya sauna.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Congratulations. Sounds like a good milestone to help put the JW experience behind you.

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

Hey congratulations! That is exciting! Hope to get there myself soon. Just took my first Communion today so hopefully a new baptism in Christ will follow soon.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Even though I had the 'older JW baptism' (not into the Spirit directed Organization), I still did not feel good about it and got rebaptised the first chance I could.

Outaservice

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Thank you for your congrats!

6of9- "out of the frying pan, into the too-hot-for-good-health-but-prolly-won't-kill-ya sauna."

I must disagree, nothing to hinder or harm from my experiences. My mental/emotional health has never been better!

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit