Do you think it merely odd or impossible for a person to profess to be a Christian Agnostic?

by gubberningbody 21 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

There are three basic things that make everyone tick, sex, love, and greed.

• parakeet
    parakeet

If one accepts that the man Jesus actually existed, and that the gospels contain some truth about what he did (minus the miracles), one could make the case that Jesus was a rebel with a cause, someone who hated hypocrisy but loved children, and taught simplicity, kindness, and charity.

One could decide to become an emulator of such a man, i.e. a Christian, without the necessity of believing in a god.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I like the intermingling. There's a bit of the zen koan in it.

Perhaps while we're at it we should consider adding Ignosticism to the mix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    There are three basic things that make everyone tick, sex, love, and greed.

Dude, you forgot money..... From the Revelation Climax book, there is a big difference between the symbolic meanings of the numbers "3" and "4".........

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I'm following that 'cultural christian' line of thought. Being Christian can mean so many things to different people. So, can an agnostic be Christian according to 'my' view of Christianity? No. Can he be a Christian according to someone else's view? Of course.

How's that for a wishy washy answer? LOL

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    If one accepts that the man Jesus actually existed, and that the gospels contain some truth about what he did (minus the miracles), one could make the case that Jesus was a rebel with a cause, someone who hated hypocrisy but loved children, and taught simplicity, kindness, and charity.
    One could decide to become an emulator of such a man, a Christian, without the necessity of believing in a god.

This is exactly the reasoning I will use if my religious views ever come up with my boyfriend's family.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

AllTimeJeff: I am a Nymphomaniastic Christian and you may refer to me that way anytime.

sorry, couldn't help it

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff: I am a Nymphomaniastic Christian and you may refer to me that way anytime.

Cool! Sounds like a great church... lol

Will that fit on a business card?

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

LOL

Confession takes on a whole new meaning

• White Dove
    White Dove

Not at all. It all depends on how one defines deity. There are Christian Wiccans. I don't think it gets any weirder than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit