Received a call from my parents today

by Elsewhere 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I am really sorry to your news, elsewhere. I like OntheWayOut's advice. It sounds like they have reached out to you to tell you about this. It seems like the door is open to renewing a relationship. I hope that's what will happen.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It must be confusing. I reconciled w my dad 2 or 3 yrs before he died, after being estranged for most of my/his life. Not that we got along great, but i realised a few things: he was an idiot, i loved him and he me. I'm glad that i did that. I can see clearly, now. Maybe, you will, too.

S

• Robdar
    Robdar

Love your father, Elsewhere. Make peace while you can.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So sorry to hear the news Elsewhere, it's a nasty way to go. Maybe something good will come of it and you and your father can make peace.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So sorry.

Reconcile if you can - you won't regret it. Peace to you.

Namaste

Jeff

• etna
    etna

Sorry to hear about your dad elsewhere. I'm sure you'll make the right decision, and say the right things when you talk to him. As said before its ashame the jws destroy families. Good luck with everything

• magoo
    magoo

elsewhere,

i'm sorry to hear the news of your father. once he' s gone there will be no changing your actions in his last days. it is very hard for anyone who has been shunned by parents to move past those feelings of rejection due to ones religious beliefs or lack there of. however, if you can would it not be better to show him you are the bigger man by not returning the loveless jesture of cutting someone out of your life? would it not show him just how unloving, how unforgiving the 'society' expects them to be? if it is in your heart, if you are able to help him go out gracefully, knowing that you have forgiven him for past transgressions, his passing may be less painful for not only him, but perhaps for you too.

best to you....

magoo

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It is reality knocking on your father's door. He MUST face the futility of shunning you. It didn't work. If he wants peace before he dies he must have contact with a son he must have loved however tainted by the Tower. Do you love him? Is who your father was still alive in you? Honor that part that did provide for you as a child and did what he thought was best as we all do in such a faulty way. He must accept you as you are to have contact. You must accept who he is because soon he will be no more. I wish you love and peace with your father Else. You will grieve either way. It's built in us. Don't make it worse with regret. Yes, to some degree they will still **** on you. Some gold dug out of the dung pile is better than not knowing what was there. Good luck. W.Once

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I'm so sorry to hear this elsewhere.

If I were in your shoes I would try and make peace with my father. Best wishes to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit