by cameo-d 10 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

How do we fall for this?

Why do we only realize it afterwards?

• blondie
  • journey-on
    journey-on

cameo...you're being very cryptic today. What's up?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Cryptic?

Just thinking of all the things we assume we knew or understood...and yet later to find there were 'conditions and terms' we were never made aware of. Deliberate deceptions hidden within the clauses so that words could be twisted and manipulated.

Kind of like JW baptism. You think you understand it's meaning. You assume you are following the pattern of Jesus. To you it means you are renouncing the world and its ways.

But, in actuality...you are submitting yourself to a contract with an organization that intends to dictate every aspect of your life and take away your freedom of choice.

So many things in this world are all built around the lack of disclosure. It just seems to be the way of life.

So what is all this I am hearing about being assigned numbers on our birth certificates that we are corporate collateral?

That we have entered into binding contact with government entities not even knowing the terms and conditions just by having identification?

That "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" yet the 'law' in question may be something obscure that is never brought to public attention, nor is common knowledge, nor is outlined in its detail, so anyone may be aware of it.

Why has our world become so that whenever anyone offers something, our first response is no longer "Thank you what a nice surprise!" but instead, (those who have been conditioned,) narrow our eyes and ask "What's the catch?"

There is no joy in believing the best anyone. We cannot take things at face value. There is always something deceitful behind every "free gift" and every "opportunity". No one really cares if you are happy or successful unless they are getting a cut out of it.

Lack of full disclosure.

What have you gotten snagged on lately?

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think it's lack of education/training regarding being street savvy/wise and it's a hope that they'll fulfill what they promise.

• read good books
    read good books

I once heard Bill Moyers say in an interview that the news service conceal alot of stories from the public, so how can we have the correct view on reality if were not being told things.

The JW's baptize alot of people who don't fully understand what their doing, break a rule, or even a perceived disagreement with their official views and your kicked out without mercy, ignorance of the law no excuse.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Just thinking of all the things we assume we knew or understood...and yet later to find there were 'conditions and terms' we were never made aware of. Deliberate deceptions hidden within the clauses so that words could be twisted and manipulated.
    Are you talking about the 1000+ page Health Care Reform Bill that they want to rush rush rush through without reading and without fully disclosing pertinent details to the people about?
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

After thinking about this topic for a bit, I would have to say that many people on this forum fall into the 'lack of full disclosure' category - including the originator of this topic.

I'm not saying that it is a bad thing - but it can be frustrating to try to carry on a 'conversation' with someone who falls back on the 'you don't know me very well' as a way out.

Regards,

Jim TX

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

read good books, you are totally correct. My boss was telling me yesterday about an incident that happened in their dormatory at college when he was younger. The news service interviewed them. But the story that was broadcasted was totally different than what the facts actually were. He was shocked how the media could portray a situation.

In the congregation because what is practiced is not always what you understand. The elders can interpret a rule that is totally different from your view. For example what I read in previous posts about some elders feeling that snowboarding is wrong. But a publisher may not understand that as being a truthful rule to go by. How is the publisher to properly determine the truth of this matter for himself? And because another body of elders in a different congregation may view snowboarding as ok, then where is the truth in a "rule".

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

JO:"Are you talking about the 1000+ page Health Care Reform Bill that they want to rush rush rush through without reading and without fully disclosing pertinent details to the people about?"

Many bills have been rushed through in the past, sometimes without even the House reading them before they go to the Senate. There was a big incidence about that last year.

I have read some parts of the HCR bill and I have all ideas that it is being maligned by those who are deliberately intending to cause dissent. Pres. Obama could say the sky is blue and there will still be people who will pitch a fit and disagree. I believe there is a deeper agenda behind the rebel rousers.

But..if you want to talk about health care reform...try this.

You are in extreme pain and go into the ER. Immediately they shove papers in your face. "You must sign in order for us to take care of you". You are in so much pain you will do whatever they say. You take their few short words of interpretation for truth and you sign. Hell, you don't know if you are signing your body over for experimentation or what. It's the wrong time to shove a contact at someone. It takes advantage of their plight...and no time to scrupously read for any "lack of disclosure" and you are certainly in no condition to ask questions.

A couple of days later you wake up and find you have been split wide open. You wonder why. You just thought it would be a simple gallbladder removal.

You find out later one of the papers you signed was giving medical students the right to attend you in surgery. So, with a little twist of interpretation...and since you are indigent and without health care, the hospital decides you "qualify" to be used for practice and they allow you to be cut wide open to perform an "exploratory" teaching exercise.

JO, these things are currently going on in the system we have today.

Many veterans are used as guinea pigs for testing new medicines as well.

As far as I am concerned, health care can't get much worse.

And frankly, what I read about Pres. Obama's plan...especially the end of life care seems very sensible to me.

I believe that we should be allowed to die with dignity and I feel that these things should be discussed.

I have seen people put through horrors, pains, and indignity keeping them alive and in misery just to collect insurance money. The system we have now is terrible. So many people have their hand out and could care less about the person's quality of life.

I don't know all of the particulars of the bill so I cannot discuss it throughly. I am sure there would probably be some things I might not like about it...but compromise is always in order.

Basically, what I am stating in this thread is that our entire system seems to be based upon a lack of disclosure. It's everywhere you turn.

Even the girl at the supermarket check-out. Like a siren she beckons you to fill out for the free drawing of grocery give-aways. "No catch" she reassures everyone. Ha. Read the fine print. Your photo will be theirs to use in advertising. You may be required to participate in publicity shots. Your grocery purchases will be tracked for a year. And they make no mention of keeping your info confidential when you register. So even if you don't win...your name and address and phone may be sold to mailing lists and telemarketers.

I am just really kind of sick of all these deceits. Aren't you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit