Regarding DNCall 's story here, to anyone who is still on fence

by apostate from way back when 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi Marilyn!

Isn't it great to be together with your big sister in all celebrations of life? It's just the best, that time with family who love and accept you for who you are, not whether you go to JW meetings.

It's been a joy to get to know Barb and Frank over the past year or so. I never knew Barb, but I did know Frank, or, I should say we know most all the same people from way back. We've had a good chuckle on those times, we remember them fondly. And Barb, she has such spirit and integrity...

I think I was telling Barb, or wha maybe, I think the experiences we read here and on other sites, Freeminds etc., are very powerful. No matter what the differences are between all of us politically or religious, when we read the human experience and struggle that we all here share, those differences seem to melt away and we bond together. It was the experiences I read when I first left that moved me more than anything...I couldn't believe there were people out there just like me that would not take it anymore. I expect that Frank and Barb's eloquent story will touch the many that seek to find their own way out of the madness.

• willyloman
    willyloman

"No matter what the differences are between all of us politically or religious, when we read the human experience and struggle that we all here share, those differences seem to melt away and we bond together. It was the experiences I read when I first left that moved me more than anything...I couldn't believe there were people out there just like me that would not take it anymore."

That pretty much sums things up for me, too.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Marilyn! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Our spirituality lives within us, how we live our lives and treat others.

No religious organization can do this for us. It is ours... personal... private... within all of us.

• Teri McClintock
    Teri McClintock

My name is Teri McClintock. I was in the same congregation as Al Kavelin, Frank and Barbara Kavelin. I was 21 and working at Paramount Pictures as an assistant film editor when the jazz great, Tom McIntosh, a Jehovah's Witness, happened to be working across the hall from me. He was a very charismatic man and I was young and impressionable and became convinced that this was The Truth. I was a member for 10 years. About 5 years in, I started questioning doctrine but it's like a bad marriage that you have emotional and financial investment in and it's difficult to leave. But after 10 years, I wrote a letter of resignation and never looked back. I never had any regrets. What a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders! I had never known anyone who just resigned. I hadn't broken any rules. I just knew that there wasn't one religion that had "the truth" and I knew that their idea of God was not mine. Anyway, I found this site by accident. I've never tried to communicate with any JWs individuals or sites in the past. If Frank and Barbara (or anyone else for that matter) want to communicate, they are welcome. I'm also on Facebook. Frank wouldn't recognize me by my photo. I'm blonde. I live in Chandler, Az. I've had a wonderful life. Life started being wonderful the day I left JWs.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi Teri Mc, welcome to this site ,this was a very interesting thread how normal people treat each other and not dictated to by WT theology if you can call it that , rules .

I/we look forward to hearing more of your story should you be free to share .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit