Debunking the "Faithful and Discrete Slave" concept

by Awakened at Gilead 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Heaven,

The FDS is much more than average Christians... it is a non-existent class that is embodied in 9 men in Crooklyn...

• Heaven
    Heaven

The FDS is much more than average Christians... it is a non-existent class that is embodied in 9 men in Crooklyn...

A @ G ... this is so true in the world of Jehovah's Witnesses. Anyone outside of the WTS/JWs does not know this and would probably not relate to it and I suspect, would reject it.

When I studied as a teen and read the Bible, my personal thoughts on the FDS were that they were just the average Christian. As an adult, I work with many people from different faiths and beliefs (Muslim, Jewish, Buddist, atheist). I see the faithful and discreet slave as principled people helping others -- I don't see it as merely 'Christian' any longer. It's the way my mind works. I don't automatically accept what is dished up to me by 9 men in Crooklyn... or some ancient book supposedly inspired by someone called 'God'. What I read in the Bible or any other document/book I have to be able to relate to or it's of no interest or consequence to me. I also observe the world going on around me. And I think of things written and compare them. To me, truth is what I see, not what someone tries to tell me it is.

So my statement ..."The FDS is much more than average Christians" to me, personally, means not just Christians but all peoples who are principled. I don't think it is tied to any one 'faith'.

(edited to add: I would never have made a good JW! Good thing I never signed up. )

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Well, then, you accept the idea that the FDS merely refers to those who are faithful and discreet in general, who are good people. This is a much broader interpretation that the limited one used by the GB to keep JWs in check...

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Well, then, you accept the idea that the FDS merely refers to those who are faithful and discreet in general, who are good people. This is a much broader interpretation that the limited one used by the GB to keep JWs in check...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AAG/Lance..

This is the first time I have been able to view one of your Video`s..

My previous internet service,simply could not accommodate a video..

You have broken the information down,into the simplest terms..

You are understandable..And..Very clear..

That makes you dangerous..

Well done!!...........................OUTLAW

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I liked the video AaG, the way you present your information in your videos shows respect to the viewer whether its a JWS or not .

You have a soft and kind approach but you make the information logical and clear.

At least they would provoke some thinking if a JWS were to view them.

This a far a better way to reach inside the mind of a typical JWS, then to come at them with hot headed vindictiveness.

Good work

• Heaven
    Heaven

Totally. Back in the 60s and 70s, I don't recall the fervor of the GB being considered the FDS. I wasn't born-in but was studying as a child and teen. At the time my father wasn't a fan of any religion so our studying wasn't always consistent or regular. The WTS and GB were so distant in my mind I never even considered them back then. They were phantoms to me.

I was shocked to find in my recent research that they had not only changed the baptismal vow (in the '80s) but have been continually increasing their insertion of themselves as 'mediator' between the flock and God. To me this is totally blasphemous. I see it as an indication that they are tightening their grasp because they are losing more and more control.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Most JW's don't/didn't even pay attention to their Baptizimal vows.

• flipper
    flipper

LANCE- Well done my friend. It really is the epitome of arrogance for the GB to claim to be THE alleged " faithful and discreet slave. " But to the leaders of the WT society power and control is an aphrodisiac

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Funny thing is, there are only two organizations that have unbroken ties to the apostles, the RCC and the Orthodox Church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit