So I Finally Got My Invitation...

by darkl1ght3r 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

...to the District Convention. Hand deliverd by the Drama Director himself, who also happens to be my uncle. I even got my very own copy of the 'How Can You Survive the End of the World?' tract. Which apparently, according to the tract, can be achieved by walking in a single-file line AWAY from the dark clouds. Remember that: Dark Clouds = Walk AWAY, not TOWARDS. Write that down if you have to. And ladies... no pants. Only skirts that are a maximum of 3 inches above the ankle. You wouldn't want the angels carrying out the slaughter of 7,000,000,000 innocent people to get stiffys now would you? And men, no shirts with logos, and no t-shirts. Collared button down shirts only. Anyone not meeting this strict dress code probably isn't going to make it, according to the painting on the tract.

So theres a little note along with the invite. He wants me to at least attend the drama, saying it's very "moving". We all have probably heard what the drama is about. The modern day "prodigal son". Or... what they HOPE I am. First of all, when has a drama ever NOT been described as "moving"? The Lion King was "moving", so what? To say that you DIDN'T find a drama "moving" might get you hauled before a Judicial Committee and interrogated for apostasy. I don't care if the drama is "moving" I care if they're still peddling bullsh!t!!! Second of all, I'm offended that they think I can be emotionally blackmailed into coming back into "The Truth TM ". As if I'm going to go see the drama, become so overwhelmed, and all of a sudden forget about all the lies, false prophecies, child abuse, mind control, bad theology, bad history, bad science, etc..., and then beg to be let back into Jehovah's good graces. Not gonna happen. Lastly, I'm a bit angry that the continue to manipulate the rank-and-file through their emotions. I'm just thinking what this drama is going to do to my family, and every other family that has husbands/wives/sons/daughters who left the org. due to finding out the truth about The Truth. This drama will likely give the false hope that the reasons for apostasy are all just a big misunderstanding, and these ones, such as myself, have been duped and aaaaaany day now, we could just appear in a Kingdom Hall with a suit and tie (or appropriately modest dress... no clevage), ready to dive back in and be controlled again.

The fact is, no matter how bad I want to see my family, and no matter how bad they want to see me, they want me to live a lie and spread that lie to others. My conscience will not allow me to do that. You must first connect with me on an intelectual level, and THEN we'll talk. But they have no interest in having an intelectual conversation with me. The Elders on my judicial comittee made that abundantly clear. Watchtower Inc. KNOWS that intelligence works against them. Otherwise they'd be here. Talking to me. But the org. knows that people like me must isolated, quarantined, silenced.

They know they can't refute the truth.

Thank you for reading my rant, please keep all hands and feet inside the thread untill it comes to a complete stop. Press down on the bar, then pull up to release. Watch your step as you exit. Thank you, and have a pleasant day!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Just remember that your family will continually invite you to these gatherings in the hope that you can be sucked back into the Borg.

The Memorial will be another big invite, so be prepared.

• oompa
    oompa

damm.......you are such a hardass..........hope you know me a bit.....oomps

• oompa
    oompa

and ya........i LOVE your rant

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

darkl1ght3r, I hate trying to figure out how to type your name, but I love your sense of humor.

• homeschool
    homeschool

You really should go pro with the way you write . Rant away!

• sspo
    sspo

Well said,....... it's so aggravating and impossible trying to have an intellectual or scriptural discussion with our former"brothers and sisters"

without them shutting down. Once you're labeled weak or apostate they think you have become an idiot with

no ability to reason.

I stopped trying!!!!!!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I went, It was crap - Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I didn't go. Instead, I got the information right here on this forum, including the information that there will be 135 total songs you can listen to as of the first of 2010. (Along with that the samples of "music(??)" from this "new" songbook were crap.)

Rather than waste three days sitting in a stifling environment, in a suit and tie, being watched by hounders all day (and sitting with the humanoids that want to physically recapture me and drag me back soon enough anyways), I got to see it all from the comfort of my computer. It was not worth the trip to go--but at least I learned that the same stock examples of people that were "righteous" back in the late 1980s were "righteous" in 2009.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Excellent rant, darklighter.

I, like Blue, hate trying to figure out how to type your name.

I dub thee.....darklighter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit