"Have You Heard The Latest?"

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Whatever dirt came out, we were all ears.

A boring, uninteresting life can have that effect. It's almost as if we envied those who could 'sin' with impunity and live the 'wild life' by engaging in sordid acts of sleeping in on Saturdays, missing the meeting for Sunday brunch, and watching an 'immoral' PG-13 rated movie.

I can't believe I used to be so pathetic.

W

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They are hanging on their seats to hear that any second now, billions of people are going to be slaughtered so JW's can live cushy, trouble free lives. Anything that points in that direction is like giving opium to an addict.

• minimus
    minimus

Basically, as JWs, in our own little world, any JW related gossip or rumors kept us excited.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Flighinghighnow I've just stepped in apocolypic horse shit - the same stuff that comes from the GB.

• caliber
    caliber

.... ..has a very unique aroma

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh yea I remember the rule of thumb for dispending info, telephone, television, or tell a witness. Oh gosh I don't know how many times the rumors would just be a load of crap, but that never stops them from getting spread. I like the one where the GB already knows what day the big A is but they won't say to test our faith

• minimus
    minimus

Wha, I never heard that one.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Basically, as JWs, in our own little world, any JW related gossip or rumors kept us excited.

There is so much more to life. It saddens me to see such limits when life is limitless. It's hard to have a conversation with my father because he has very little outside knowledge. He just can't relate to any of his kids or grandkids.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I'd have to agree with the statement that JWS typically are very gossipy, pointing out someones faults seems to make them appear

in their own minds more righteous. I think thats its all part of being a JWS , there is always someone evaluating you on you behavior

by the elders are other family members, not to mention the evaluating done by god himself.

What you are doing is everybody's business when you become one of the JWS. Since JWS are so stringently controlled stepping out of these controls will

have other JWS talking about you quickly without control.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Did ya'll know that this world absolutely cannot sustain or support life any longer?? That's what JW sister told me the other day. Just minutes away, the slaughter of billions of people, people. Be alive in '009, or you gonna get left behin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit