Did Israel Know in Advance?

by teejay 11 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Seeker,

I'm with you. Believe me... I'm not hanging on every word of the General (or any of this other stuff, either). In fact, some of what he says is downright ridiculous. Yet, there is a possible connect between the two statements wherein you find incongruity.

For one, during this (and nearly every) presidential election, it was made clear that Jews supported the Democratic candidate (Gore), for whatever reason, just as they strongly supported Clinton. American Jews, if my knowledge is correct, have voted Democrat in national elections for a long time. Regardless of who was elected, however, they were certain to further Israeli interests and once Bush 43 was elected (I like that: "Bush 43"!!), they were forced to work with him.

Even if there is no reconciling the two viewpoints, Israel has definitely benefited from America's interest in finding/defeating bin Laden and his terrorist network -- both making up a deadly serious threat to Israeli security. I also find it interesting in that news reports now mention Iraq (another bitter enemy of Israel) as next on the list in the "war on terrorism."

I don't think that conservatives as a group or Bush (41 OR 43) in particular were 'in' on the attack. In D.C. and the upper reaches of world power, the President is only a functionary, imo, soon sent on his way while the truly powerful stay in place longterm. If there *IS* an element involving U.S. government agencies, it involves only fringe elements. (As you mentioned, it IS puzzling that Air Force took so long to react when the first building was hit...)

That's one of the General's comments that I find ludicrous -- that a coup attempt was behind Sept. 11. What I believe is highly probable is that Israel knew about it beforehand; knew the people involved; perhaps even had the 19 attackers under hot surveillance up to the time they boarded the planes.

In other words, had a hand in the attack, albeit implicitly if not complicitly. I believe THAT wholeheartedly.

• Seeker
    Seeker

teejay,

Yeah, I see what you mean. They may not have wanted Bush, but once they got him they would try to maneuver things to their advantage as much as they could.

My viewpoint, until firm evidence shows otherwise, is that neither Israel nor conservative elements within the U.S. government had anything to do with some conspiracy on 9/11, but both benefited greatly afterward. Whenever you have a group that benefits after an event, you have to question if they had the motive to cause such an event. But sometimes people just get lucky after freak circumstances, and that's more likely the case here, in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit