I am a sinner and there is no denying that fact

by Girlie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Girlie
    Girlie

I have struggled with this concept for quite some time. I feel like the Apostle Paul in that he wishes to do right by God in controling this issue, but find it to be a law exercising complete control over him. I find myself wondering what is the use in doing so? Sin is deeply ingrained in my very being. From the moment I was conceived and brought into this world, every fiber of me is encoded with sin and imperfection with death being its only supposed reward. Not one I am ready to accept with full honor.

Because this is something that has been with me since conception, I find it illogical to have Jesus held up to me as a model to follow. I am no where near close to living up to his example. I am always told that God understands this and ask you to give him your best, but in JW World, that best means living close to an unrealistic perfection as possible. It is a struggle. One that has caused me much mental and physical discomfort over the years. One that I am starting to say to heck with and just resign myself to whatever fate that is coming to me.

Have any of you felt this way? Is it wrong for me to feel this way? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I am a sinner and there is no denying that fact

well come sit next to me then

• Girlie
    Girlie

LOL! I don't know. I think I need to be in a world all of my own with my various sins.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOl at 2/3.

When I get to feeling that way, Girlie, I know it's time for a rest - spiritually and physically.

I'm going on vacation next week, and I plan on re-energizing then.

Matthew 11: 28 -30 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." MSG

Peace to you, my new-found friend.

Sylvia

• Girlie
    Girlie

Thanks Snowbird. I am very honored at being your new-found friend. I need all the friends I can get. It was your vacation post that has inspired me to write this one. I find myself becoming angered towards God and life in general due to this view.

• Chalam
    Chalam

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "

All the best,

Stephen

• metatron
    metatron

Girlie, why not examine your concept of God? I found it difficult to reconcile the two contradictory images of God that the Bible presents : the first, an almighty Personal guy who sits on a distant throne - and a Divine spirit that inhabits every part of our universe. Given that the idea that a single person runs the whole vast universe appears ridiculous ( there's a cartoon of God answering an infinite number of phones labeled "Prayer Line". He answers each call as "This is God, could you hold?"), I vote for a Universal Spirit!

You feel a lot of guilt ....... and I have to ask why? Could you accept that perhaps, your feelings of guilt are just a matter of habit because of your religious background?

Let me elaborate a little..... I greatly appreciated Wayne Dyer's opinion about guilt. He said that the purpose of guilt is to promote useful change. You hurt somebody. You feel bad about it. You decide to change your behavior.

That's it. The whole thing. All you have to know.

metatron

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If "sin" means doing things that God hates, I am a sinner--and do not give a f***.

If, on the other hand, "sin" means doing things that are bad for self and/or society (and especially initiating the use of force, threats of force, and/or fraud against other people or their property), then such acts are a source of shame on a society that does not want people to think for themselves. In this sense, I (and just about everyone else) was born perfect and was taught sin by the Establishment and religions.

• choosing life
    choosing life

The meetings and literature cause you to feel this way. You can never do enough or be good enough in the jw world.

Read some of Jesus" words. He didn't expect much from his followers.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The idea of being someone else is a violation of reality. The fish does try to be a rabbit. The rabbit does not try to be a bird.. It's futile for the rabbit to try to rid itself of it's rabbitness. So, he just does rabbit. Thus, the rabbit is true to itself. Let jesus be jesus, and you be you.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit