Letter sufficient grounds for DFing?

by dozy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

missing posts...trying to bump the page

well...it worked but I still can't see the missing posts...oh well.

• Amazing
    Amazing

I posted a response earlier, and do not see it, though my screen name showed up for a while ... and other posts seems to be missing. I put a lot of work into the post, and hate to lose it. I wonder if the board Admin can fix the problem?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    JWoods, I was merely reformatting the WT quote above my post. No endorsement of said quote. Reporting, not supporting.

I know Blondie. It always amazes me how all these Talmudic rules make such a tangled mess of a web (for the elders) when just simply doing what is decent out of good common sense would serve far better.

• wobble
    wobble

Hi Dozy,

I too have written an incriminating letter,to my nephew,asking him as an elder to help me overcome my doubts, (1919 etc)

I asked him not to show it to anyone else,but keep it in strictest confidence,I do believe that he will honour this request.

If he does not I will make a terrific fuss within my Witless family ,and threaten to go to the C.O and beyond etc,whether I would actually do so is doubtful, he has a lot of problems a very sick wife( M.S) and 4 daughters to look after,and earn a living,as well as all the Elder crap. And I do love him,whatever he does.

Please let us know more details of your experience if you can,and keep us posted as things progress please.

Good Luck,all the best for the future,

Love

Wobble

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm sorry to hear this Dozy. I guess your current course of action (no longer attending meetings) will lead the elders to the conclusion that the letter is an accurate representation of your views.

Whether or not they will use it depends upon how badly they want you disfellowshipped. That really is all it boils down to.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Whether or not they will use it depends upon how badly they want you disfellowshipped. That really is all it boils down to.

This is the ugly worm under the rock of all disfellowshippings. It all depends on whether the local elders (or maybe even the circuit O) want to get you.

It is all about human politics and emotions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit