2009 CHILDREN DISTRICT CONVENTION NOTEBOOK....BARF ALERT!!!

by whereami 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

Oh for the days of the green NWT with the dinosaur walking across Africa in the inner lining.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope children are allowed to fill out these things honestly. Having to give the stock answers under threat of severe punishment is not what I call the truth--most of them would find nothing encouraging. Rather, they would find it all boring, wasteful, and that none of the talks do anything besides set up people for stagnation and misery.

I wonder how many parents would spank, or worse, their children if they thought the drama was boring or stupid (which it is both), or if they really didn't give a f*** about half the details.

• yknot
    yknot

JWoods.....

I bring my Greenies to every meeting for just that purpose!

In fact when I am especially bored I still rely on that dinosaur & maps for distraction!

All the kids in our row love to 'borrow' the greenies from my children.

• calico
    calico

"Will you pray to Jehovah when you are tired?"

I wonder how many kids will be in trouble if they answer wrong!

Surprised this isn't on their stupid list--Will you pray to Jehovah to not use the bathroom?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

eerp... I think I just threw up...

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Note copyright info on Page 23. Not produced by the Watchtower or Christian Congregations. Gave credit to them for the illustrations but clearly not a sanctioned soicety publication. That would require them to actually care about children

• Scully
  • White Dove
    White Dove

Scratch and sniff stickers stuck on the inside covers of my Bible and pen and paper did the trick for me.

• yknot
    yknot

ooohhhh scratch and sniffs!!

I totally forgot those!...... guess I am going to the stationary store today!!!

White Dove.... 11 dubbiekids are going to be singing your praises!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I had about 10 of them, 5 on front flap and 5 on the back. They were a life saver! I was a teen at the time, too. They kept me awake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit