Am I a trinitarian ?

by PSacramento 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

hi isaac

I have the shema it states clearly that my God YHWH is one God where is your scripture that says God is 3? thats right it doesn't exist. And thats simply why we shouldn't believe in the trinity it isn't biblical as a doctrine.

My reply: You mother must be so proud of you! Scripture does not say the words "God is three", scripture shows that there is one true God, yet there are three persons to this being who operate perfectly in harmony as one entity. I agree with Shema that YHWH is one god.

Psacramento please don't start buying into trinity lies you will find yourself having to avoid most of the hebrew scriptures in an attempt to rationionalise the doctrines that are not supported by trinitarian scriptures. like no awareness after death etc.

Psac, you are on the right track and the good thing is you are not simply accepting what I say or someone else says. While we do not all agree on everything I feel you are on the right track. You will observe the Hebrew scriptures nicely show Jesus to be God. take care

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi deputy Dog

your question in reference to what.

hi isaac

okay where do it say God can be three persons.you might say it is implicit but look at things like Jesus calls his father 'My God' right upto revelations well after his return to heaven whereas the father never calls Jesus 'my god' only 'My Son'

this is a site written by a man who once felt as strongly as you do about the trinity I recommend it. take care you too.

http://www.angelfire.com/space/thegospeltruth/theology/deity/trinity.html

Reniaa

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

reniaa

your question in reference to what.

Is Jesus an angel/man hybrid?

John 6:51

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh."

I'd like you to tell us what came down from heaven.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa i do not have alot of time since i am preparing for my kids birthday party tomorrow- and by the way there are no scheduled beheadings. It is no issue that Jesus is God yet calls the Father his god. The Father is the head to which Jesus is eternally submissive. There are differences in roles but sameness in nature. i doubt ill be back on today.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Issac,

Thanks for the kind words.

Happy belated Bday for your little one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit