New Website, Watchtower Search

by DT 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

I just started a new website. http://sites.google.com/site/watchtowersearch

It centers around a customized search engine for doing research on Jehovah's Witnesses. It searches over a hundred websites, discussion boards (including this one), blogs, quotes sites, wikipedia articles and You Tube channels. It avoids the official Watchtower websites, sites by apologists and sites by fundamentalists who would rather debate the trinity than help Jehovah's Witnesses leave a controlling environment.

It's a good way to quickly find obscure material that is hard to find otherwise. Searches for things like vaccinations, 1975, and the United Nations quickly brings up a lot of relevant topics. I assembled this to make my own research easier and hope it will be helpful to others.

There are also small sections for feeds, videos, files and links. Please let me know what you think or if you have any ideas for improvements.

I'm also working on a community blog about Jehovah's Witnesses http://jehovahswitnessesblog.blogspot.com/ Please PM me if you have any interest in becoming a contributor.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good job!

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

Many congratulations!

I've just tried it with 1914 and 1975 - it really works!

This will assist many looking for empirical evidence that much of what the WTS now write and teach is not an accurate version of what they previously stated. as being true.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I can see I really need to do something with my metatags. It clearly isn't picking up my website

• DT
    DT

Lady Lee,

What is your site's url?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You could be accused of being biased if your search does not include the official sites.

I see no reason not to include them.

JWs often try to mislead people as to what is taught to make them look less cultish. A relevant hit on the official website can put paid to this.

Cheers

Chris

• DT
    DT

"You could be accused of being biased if your search does not include the official sites."

I certainly could be accused of being biased. I'll save them the trouble. I am being biased. I'm trying to provide a service that is useful to me and a select group of others. Any search engine is biased towards information that is useful and relevant. I'm trying to improve on those biases. For me, I've already spent too many years listening to Watchtower propaganda. I don't need to duplicate that effort when I'm looking for certain kinds of information. The results page also allows you to do a regular Google search. I believe that is useful at times.

Still, I appreciate the feedback. I intend to offer different variations of that search engine in the future. I'm open to ideas. I would even consider a search engine that is biased towards pro JW sites. That could be useful for some kinds of research.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks!!! Very helpful. I looked up pinatas....found some interesting info. with quotes from the WT literature.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Bookmarked. Thanks for sharing.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Spectacular!!! Many thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit