New Kingdom Melodies - samples on youtube

by Nostromo 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

My wife heard me playing the first one. She had no idea what it was from. She says: "It sounds like something from the movie Jurassic Park." The more I think about it, it does.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Christmas and patriotic songs and Black spirituals are so beautiful. I often wished that Kingdom Melodies were like that. I remember being relieved, though, when we got the new song book in '85. It was a lot better than the pink one.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Jehovah's Fragrance??? What the hell are these people smoking?

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

Now now... you people complain but remember they don't want anything that stirs up strong emotions. Nothing that ignites passion.

I never could stand the Kingom Melodies. Even when I was a true believer. I thought they had their place and all, but I used to look at the people who used to listen to them for "pleasure" as freaks of nature. I'd rather listen to feral cats mating.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Orangefatcat,

:Gee how many of you remember the green song bk and the even older brownish paper back song book? The greenish one was also paper back. That is really going back.

I certainly remember the green one. I played the piano in all the Kingdom Halls I ever attended, starting at age 12. That songbook was released at a New York International Assembly before the 1958 one. 1955?

:I use to like in the green one song 54, Forward Theocratic Warriors, and 100, I believe was the New Song, the refrain is Sing sing sing, loud let the new song ring , sing sing sing Jehovah now is King.

Yes, remember that one, too. The first part is a march, was written D minor and was authored by brothers in a German concentration camp in WWII.

The other songs that were stolen from "worldly" people in that song book included one (I forget what it was called) that had the theme from the first Movement of Beethoven's Appassionata Sonata in F minor. I'll bet Compound Complex remembers the name of that song, or at least the very famous melody. Didn't it seem strange at the time that "Jehovah" inspired "worldly" people to write better songs of praise to Himself than his very own chosen people who came up with shit like "From House to House?"

Farkel

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

Finally got to listen...

The melodies are sufficiently ummm... "melodious" without being overbearing. But they still have that trademark "JW blandness" which for some reason is so pervasive in everything the org. does. The actual orchestra and accompanying music is beautifully done... it's a shame that it'll be used for such a nefarious purpose.

But, seriously they should get P. Diddy to do a Bad Boy remix on it or something. Maybe with a guest rapper at the end of one like Ol' Dirty Bastard or Jay-Z. Spice it up.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

alanv,

Dirge? Why, it's entitled...

Song 102 "The Resurrection Joy" (Revelation 20:13)

1. Lazarus lay sleeping In a cold stone grave.
    How his sisters mourned him! None there him could save.
    If his friend Christ Jesus Had but come before,
    That good man would not have Passed through Hades’ door.
    At the grave Christ Jesus Then did give a shout,
    Calling to the dead one: ‘Lazarus, come out!’
    Though wrapped up in graveclothes, Laz’rus did obey.
    O what great rejoicing Filled his friends that day!

2. Those who hoped in Jesus Thought release was nigh,
    So they felt dejected When he had to die.
    Sadly, friends of Jesus Laid him in a tomb.
    How their hearts and spirits Were immersed in gloom!
    But the gates of Hades Could not God defy.
    In three days God raised him, Seated him on high.
    With joy his disciples Him they saw and heard.
    Keys of death and Hades On him are conferred.

3. Adam’s sin in Eden Brought death on our race;
    But return of dead ones Shall through Christ take place.
    Those in death and Hades Will hear his own voice
    And come forth in due time In life to rejoice.
    Before God’s great white throne They’ll be judged aright
    By the deeds committed In the Kingdom’s light.
    Those whose names are written In God’s book of life
    Will live on his new earth Ever free from strife.

That's one of the songs that if you can't read music, you're gonna get lost... even those that could read music often got lost.

I still can carry the melody to that trainwreck. Sad, ain't it?

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

They are always speechless when I said to them I already have seen the books, songs and DVDs in youtube, right before everyone in the area. LOL.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oops, I commented on the first youtube video.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First off, I will comment on the p*** poor job they always do when it comes to composing new "music". Since their method is to make worldly music sound like it comes from Satan every time they open their mouths and printing presses, they do not need to compete with it by creating anything worth listening to. Rather, they compose material designed to go along with their doctrines, and the artistic merit (or demerit, as the case may be) is an afterthought. You are supposed to listen for guidance, not entertainment.

At least we find out about these things earlier as apostates than the witlesses do as hounders. I first heard this at the end of May--were I a faithful witless, I would have had to wait, just like everyone else, until July.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit