were you at Russels grave?

by Albert Einstein 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

In the early 1990s, apparently during research for the "Proclaimers" book, researchers learned of the time capsuale and actually removed one of the walls of the pyramid only to find it empty. The Bible Students, NOT the Watchtower had to restore it.

Fascinating. The Judge has the Pyramid built and later discredits it. The Bible Students, who did not build it, restore it. How ironic!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Google Streetview Link

This link has you facing the Mason's building. Turn around and see the pyramid.

• eddie c
    eddie c

Yes i have been there. Here are my photos.

Eddie

http://ianhday.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Misc/Russell.htm

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There is some great information at this link, which might help dispell some of the

misinformation about the pyramid on the internet. You will especially want to scroll down to the post by Angry XJW.

It's the Souvenir Report of the Bible Student's Convention in 1919. The pyramid is dedicated, not only to Charles

Taze Russell but the Watchtower Society as well, because that's where the Bethel family was to be buried.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/29079/1/Documentation-on-Russell's-grave

I find it interesting that the original intention was for Rutherford to be buried there also, but that did not happen.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I don't need to go there. According to the Watchtower publication, The Finished Mystery, Russell speaks to us from beyond the grave.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

He died on Halloween, and the groundskeeper for the cemetary was there when we were standing there and said that Russell walks the grounds every Halloween. I swear to God he said that. It was creepy enough to be there on that windy overcast day the third weekend in October 1998.

BTW - it is a HUGE cemetary...you can stand on a hill overlooking it and not see the end of the gravestones.

• 504deist
    504deist

i actually got into freemasonry because of my research on russell. i didn't even know what a freemason was. freemasonry kept coming up when i was reading about him. people kept saying he was a mason. after i read enough about freemasonry and talked to a few freemasons, i decided to join. i was always under the assumption russell was a mason. it wasn't until recently that i came across an article explaining that he wasn't. apparently, masonic symbols, and use of them were common place by masons and non-masons around russells time. i don't know if it's true, but, apparently he had nothing to do with masonry.

There is no credible evidence whatsoever that Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the Jehovah's Witness faith, was a Mason. Some have charged that his tombstone appears as a keystone (a symbol used in Royal Arch Masonry), that there appears on the stone a crown and cross and that the stone is in the shape of a pyramid. (Those who make the claim do so for their own ends ignoring the fact that the cross and crown have long been symbols of Christianity, that the pyramid is often used in one-dimension view to represent the Trinity etc.) A review of Russell's personal life would have likely found him unwelcome within a Lodge. A current author says of him "Russell's faults as a writer were perhaps the least of his shortcomings. Accusations of sexual and financial improprieties, for example, dogged him throughout his adult life. Russell's notorious difficulties with his long-suffering wife Maria, aired during a series of sensational libel, separation, and alimony suits near the turn of the century, became a particular source of embarrassment for both the pastor and his flock. (Russell's stature couldn't have been enhanced when a Pennsylvania judge concluded that his "continual arrogant domination" of his wife was enough to "render the life of any sensitive Christian woman a burden and make her life intolerable." 4 This notwithstanding, Pastor Russell did, upon occasion, make reference to Masons.

Oh, and did we mention?: the "tombstone" that's so often referred to is actually a monument erected to Russell by the Watchtower Society which has regularly criticized Freemasonry. Pastor Russell's actual gravestone (shown above) is a couple of dozen yards away....

• friday77
    friday77

I bet when the bros opened the damn thing, it looked CREEPY inside!!! (My crazy a.. cousin, who is a prsn-of-intrst, made a jokey senario that the pyramid was removed from that plot and thrown in the ocean where the Titanic now lays dormant---nuts, huh?) Anyways, still CREEPY!!!!!!

• designs
    designs

Only walked by the gate.

• friday77
    friday77

This reply is to RR: Did you feel a sense of forebodace (nervous fear) as you were about to approach the area, especially near that thing?! I have watched (and only once!) YOUTUBE footage of a bro and his friends driving to reach the cemetary and the pyramid is not far from the road. A person can stop their car and get out to see the darn thing up close! Once more, really CREEPY!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit