HAVE YOU EVER READ A WT BOOK COVER TO COVER?

by badboy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I did ...some of them THREE times (Revelation) LOL! And it actually helps now in my quest to keep OTHERS from joining this cult.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I did ...some of them THREE times (Revelation) LOL! And it actually helps now in my quest to keep OTHERS from joining this cult.

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

I remember we read through a few book study books, but only recall clearly the Truth That Leads To Eternal Life. And thanks for the reminder about the Book Of Bible Stories for kids; I think I might have read it all the way through, or at least looked at all of the pictures for endless hours. I think I read the Youth book on getting the most out of masturbation, too.

• snowbird
    snowbird

When I was in, I read all of them cover-to-cover, even the Aid to Bible Understanding Book - from Aaron to Zuzim.

Sylvia

• sd-7
    sd-7

Many--Young People Ask-Volume 1 (that one got me depressed about myself and especially dating & marriage), you name it up until Young People Ask Volume 2. I read the Proclaimers book as a teenager--was surprised at how Rutherford seemed more like a businessman than a Christian. I actually thought he was a jerk, to be honest. Still, I thought it was the 'real story' about the org, and figured 'no apostate will ever be able to tell me about OUR history!' Some were boring, some just made me depressed, and Keep Yourselves in God's Love just irritated me in some ways.

I actually tried reading the new 'Bearing Witness' book, but the way everything keeps getting brought back to 'the organization' got annoying. Even so, resistance is futile. I'll read it sooner or later and get assimilated again. You will become one with the Org. You will all become one with the Org. You will follow the GB like -->> ! It's your destiny!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, SD-7, and welcome to JWN.

The Greatest Man book irritated me to no end.

I couldn't put the finger on what was really troubling about it until I started researching the Deity of Jesus of Nazareth.

Then, I knew!

Anyhow, stick around, and when you're comfortable, please tell a little about yourself.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BadBoy..

We all did..We used to go to home "book studys"..It was supposed to be the most important meeting of all..

We would study a WBT$ book from cover to cover....Sometimes a book would be re-studied at a future date..

There are no home book studys anymore......It`s all done in a windowless box called a Kingdom Hall now..

The most important meeting of all,no longer exists......The one done in a private home..

..........................OUTLAW

• Girlie
    Girlie

Sometimes, yes. Other times, no. Mainly picked articles that were relevant to my circumstance, if any. I remember the friends would say that WT and Asleep study was equivalent to a college education. Yeah...right....

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Sad to say, I've read more than a few. I actually did enjoy "Mankind's Search For God". Probably because I was subconsciously more attracted to the other religions mentioned in the book.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Yes. Certainly. Whatever book or magazine that comes my way I underline from cover-to-cover, and make marginal notes as well. That is how the language of the Truth is learned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit