HAVE YOU EVER READ A WT BOOK COVER TO COVER?

by badboy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

Yeap.

villabolo

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was in, I read the crap all the way through. This includes the Suffer Forever book, the Revelation book, and just about all the new releases at the Grand Boasting Sessions (including the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work Part 1). And, I found the common denominator in every single one of them.

The book review for all is the same. Start with the Original Sin--Satan succumbing to the desire to be worshiped (I don't even think that is the real reason for his acting), and mankind eating the fruit. Go through the examples in the Bible of people that were faithful to God, and end with Jesus. After that, come to the present, and Jesus kicking poor Satan out of heaven in 1914. Then, go to the Great Tribulation which is just ahead (and will always be "just ahead"), destruction, the Millennial Reign (which is supposed to start right after Armageddon), and the final test.

Every single one of those wastes of paper describes things in the exact same way, albeit emphasizing different facets (one might zoom in on Daniel, another on Isaiah, another on different religions, another on evolution, and so on). Even the Bible Lies book (that yellow piece of s*** that is to get children into the cancer) tells the exact same story.

And they are trying to tell me that I need to attend all the boasting sessions? I already know enough about what is supposed to happen--any God that would be so petty that He would destroy me because of a minor detail doesn't deserve my worship and would only provide stagnation forever anyways.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTTT

• Marlene
    Marlene

Yes. It's called family bible study night. I read far more than I care to remember.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I read a lot of them, the last one being the greatest man book about three years after I left. I threw against the wall at one point.

• chickpea
    chickpea

yep, but like mr flipper
    i plead mind control!

one year after a CO visit,
    at his suggestion in a talk,
    i read the kingdom proclaimers
    15 minutes every night for
    6 months....

every book in the BS,
    which we hosted for 10 yrs
    i read cover to cover....

fml

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Way too many of them! Mostly because of the family study my Dad had with us and having to go to the book study (although there I admit I tuned out alot of it while it was read and discussed).

However I did eagerly read the Proclaimers book to see how honestly they'd report their history and the spin they'd put on it.

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Oh chickpea,

You just reminded me that I devoted a month of before bedtime reading to the Proclaimer's book. When I finished it I got down on my knees and thanked Jehovah that he brought me into such a wonderful organization. I feel a bit sick at the memory. Crisis of Conscience made much more sense of my years as a JW.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I read many of the WTS publications, such as the Truth book, True Peace and Security, Finished Mystery, Babylon The Great, Live Forever, Knowlege, Family, Daniel, Isaiah, Revelation, Greatest Man, Creator, Mankinds Search. Just like startingovernow stated, many of the publications I read were to prepare for the Book Study.

Except I did enjoy the reading and thought MOST of the information was informative. It helped me understand the Bible better.

But what is in writing and what is practiced can be two different things. What I read in the WTS publications that I enjoyed was not being practiced in the congregation. Especially the elders and circuit overseers failed to follow what the Bible and the WTS publications contained.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sadly YES - many times

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit