Another JW Caught in the Act

by jamiebowers 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dozy
    dozy

"Sentencing Simonetti, Judge Roberts made reference to a police caution he received in 1996 for indecency against the four-year-old daughter of an acquaintance he knew through his involvement with Jehovah’s Witnesses."

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/4522877.Pervert_claimed_to_be_trainee_doctor_before_sex_assault_on_89_year_old/

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I wonder how many people gave him a free pass because he showed empathy and contrition? Oh, and because he is disabled? Was he still a JW? Was he DF'd for his previous offence? What the HECK happened that he was let off from molesting a child with a warning? Only two years for what he did to that woman? MINIMUM SENTENCE???? This is the same country that originally let that elder off from raping all the little JW kids before.

Do judges in that country find no worth in JW children or in elderly women? What does it take to actually be punished for sexually assaulting a person in that country? Does one need to be a nubile hottie? Babies and old ladies don't matter? Was the little old lady a JW? An article said he was acquainted with her. . . .maybe JWs there ought to fight with the Borg and the Legal System to get justice!

"The court heard how Simonetti, who knew the victim, had been making deliveries to her neighbours, but entered her flat as she was undressing."

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

I am disgusted ! Dozy's article posted says that he was..."supported by his wife and family....." SUPPORTED ?!!!! Eh? So, are they willing to stick with him in spite of what he did? In my opinion, they are just as sick as he is..!!!

Also says he shows remarkable empathy for his victim. This makes him unusual , and he wants to apologise to his victim......... WHAT A DECENT HUMAN BEING EH ?

...."He realises he needs assistance and support to change his behaviour.." HE NEEDS TO HAVE HIS **** CUT OFF !

• wizardca
    wizardca

I wonder why it is that when a JW is arrested or sentenced for child abuse, rape, murder, whatever it always says they are a JW. I don't ever recall seeing it stated that they are agnostic, atheist, a Wiccan, Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, etc. and certainly JW members don't have the market cornered on these crimes. People pose as plumbers, water officials, police officers, etc.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Assault by penetration IS rape! Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. See why I hate the 'F' word so much?

English law only recognises penile penetration as rape, assault by penitration is a new offence since 2003. Assault by penetration still carries a maximum life sentence but when the sexual offences law was reformed recently it was decided to differentiate between penile penetration to any other penetration. Although by legal definition there is a difference, the seriousness of the offence is not diminished as shown through the maximum life sentence.

The sexual offence laws of this country had a major reform with the Sexual Offences Act 2003 as the old laws were seen as archaic. Reformation of the law has led to more convictions, where prior many got off on technicalities.

Back to the topic... Why on earth would a "warning" be given for assaulting a child?!

That's exactly whatI was wondering...possibly parent unwilling to alow the child to testify or the child was too traumatized to testify?

It wouldn't be the case that the parent wouldn't allow the child to testify. The guy was given a 'caution', not a warning. Personally i am disgusted that the police can give cautions for this, there has been media debate on this as it is not widely known that police are allowed to do this.

If police give a caution, one of the criteria has to be that the suspect admits to the offence. Therefore there would be no need for the child to testify anyway, the suspect has already admitted his guilt.

Paul

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is sick and sad.

As a way to expose JW's however, other then the sensational headline that this disgusting being professed to be a JW, it has little value. Most JW's by far would be repulsed by this. This could have been a member of any religious organization.

JW's biggest scandal continues to be pedophiles. That is an ongoing problem that needs more exposing.

I certainly hope that at best, questions are asked by those outside about JW's. I doubt it will have much impact on practicing JW's as a whole thought.

• nelly136
    nelly136

vague memory from when i was studying up on male 'rape' many moons ago the term rape didnt apply to men as they didnt have a vagina, and rape was classed as per vagina so the term 'assault by penetration' was used instead...

so if they're using that term its quite possible the lady was subjected to sodomy instead of being raped in the usual sense of the word. either way its horrible that anyone should be subjected to any kind of assault.

i'd like to think that they'd throw away the key and get out rusty razorblades, reality is he'll probably be back on the doors in no time.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

Disgusting and disturbing. What goes on in some people minds... ??? Ugh. Don't want to know.

It is true that the man could've easily been a member of any religion, but this does shatter the myth that JWs are on some kind of "higher moral plane" than the rest of humanity.

• I discovered
    I discovered

I find all of the article disgusting,but raping a helpless elderly woman.

• Gayle
    Gayle

This is so nauseating! He obviously evil, preying on children and elderly. After what he did to that little 4 yr old,,how could he get a job even to "regularly deliver medicaton?" Don't companies do "background checks" on them? Shouldn't the company have accountability.

I doubt families in the local congregation were ever notified about him regarding the prior 4 yr old's assault. They should feel outraged, about having such a perpetrator in their midst. If the elder's knew, then the congregation should be outraged at the elders. If the Watchtower organization knew, they should be outraged at the Governing Body for their protection of such people. The parents within the organization should all stand up to their obligation to protect their children and to be informed of any known sex offenders of any sort in their congregation.

Three years is not enough of a sentence. I find it extremely shameful of a sentence. He's a serial sex offender and I doubt will ever change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit