Germany, Octogenerian enters KH with Machine Gun

by skeeter1 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I just wonder if he had ever been a JW, in fact that became disfellowshipped??

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Rather than divine protection, I hope they give credit to a pair of brave attendants who dealt with the situation in the time honoured way -

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Wow! Some of you people are so unbalanced, like the poster who said they kind of wished he had hurt someone.

I'm no fan of shunning, but the WTBTS doesn't "drive" anyone to this kind of behaviour. The guy is obviously a nutjob with mental health issues.

Irrespective of JW's or their shunning policy, this man is so deranged that perhaps his daughter doesn't associate with him for that reason. I'm sure that is a wise decision and she'll be better off for it.

Cog

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Let’s hope he doesn’t believe in return visits !!

KT

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe it's time to close the door of the ark and prevent anymore outsiders from coming in.

• processor
    processor

AFAIK that guy has never been a JW. He was widely known for adoring Adolf Hitler.

• Mary
    Mary

CogDis said: I'm no fan of shunning, but the WTBTS doesn't "drive" anyone to this kind of behaviour. The guy is obviously a nutjob with mental health issues.

I beg to differ. The WTS most certainly has and does drive people to this kind of behaviour, because they literally can take everyone you love away from you for good. Imagine suddenly never seeing your son or daughter or grandkids again, solely because the leaders of the religion says so. You think this isn't enough to cause someone to snap? This guy may indeed have had some mental problems to begin with, so perhaps the shunning pushed him over the edge.

This isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. Wasn't there another ex-Witness out in Washington or Oregon who snapped a couple of years ago because of the shunning policy?

The only good thing that comes of situations like this is it exposes just how horrific the WTS's shunning policies are and how it literally tears families apart for absolutely no valid reason, other than someone doesn't believe their deranged doctrines anymore.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    The only good thing that comes of situations like this is it exposes just how horrific the WTS's shunning policies are and how it literally tears families apart for absolutely no valid reason, other than someone doesn't believe their deranged doctrines anymore.

Uh, no. It exposes how much a nut job this one old man is. Nothing more.

• Mary
    Mary
    Uh, no. It exposes how much a nut job this one old man is. Nothing more.

No one's denying that the guy's got mental problems. But since this isn't an isolated case, I believe the reason he did this----apparently because of the Society's policy on shunning family members----that it helps expose this rotten policy/doctrine and the effects it can have on family members.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ok Lucy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit