"the Truth". So many changes prove they never had it.

by lurk3r 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

S.o.M,

I think you are confusing "judgeing" with making a judgement,just because you and I have judged that the WT is not God's Organization because they never taught the truth,and still do not,that does not mean that we have judged the individuals as worthy of punishment.We do not hate the individual Witnesses.

We hate what is bad,splitting up families,causing death by a false doctrine on the use of blood,mind-controlling people,lying etc.etc.

Jesus said you you should worship the God of truth " in Spirit and Truth ", Paul said "What fellowship does light have with darkness". Jesus also pointed to the Pharasees and said "do as they say,(when they correctly expounded God's law) but not as they do",so if WT/JW's have got a right answer we are free to follow that,and ignore the rest of their error, whilst ,out of love,trying to free individuals from that error.The errors being established by the light from the Scriptures.

Love

Wobble

Weebles Wobble But They Don't Fall Down

A judgment does not always require a punishment. When brought before a judge to determine who is right or wrong on a matter, a judge makes a determination based upon law. ATJ determined that they their teaching were all wrong.

The fact the the W.T.S. states that they are GOD's sole organization is false. What about those that are Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, etc. etc. Based upon what is taught in the bible I am certain that you could find falsehood, or misled teachings in all of them. All you can do is provide your way of thinking to another person, and let them make their own determination. You can't force a belief on another. But at the same time would it not be better to find a common ground, as in the belief in GOD? Exchange your own beliefs and walk away from a discussion without ill will towards those that you talk with.

And it is righteous to instruct a person in what you feel to be true. This in order for the person that accepts it can make a change in their life for the better. Trust me that GOD will hold all accountable for their errors if they are indeed intentional. If you believe one way and later feel that your belief was based upon error, admit your wrong whenever possible. Does that make you a liar because you at one time taught what you felt to be true?

T.F.D.S.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

truth doesn't change, it can be expalined better....yes, it can be used as a foundation to build on....yes, but do a total turn around....no...for then it wasn't truth but a lie.

It is difficult for me to form an opinon on what you state without an example of what you mean by a total turn around.

Adam and Eve ate of the fruit. Is the fruit literal or symbolic? If I tell you it is symbolic am I misleading you because that is what I derived from the scripture? You see, many beliefs can be drawn from the bible as the understanding was written for everyone from day one up until our day. GOD is the Alpha and The Omega. Even what He writes is for the beginning and the end.

GOD symplified His law by writing the Ten Commandments and Jesus did also by stating that two laws covered the entire basis of our existance. Love your GOD with your whole heart, soul, and mind. And love your brother as yourself.......The basis of the teaching is LOVE......

T.F.D.S.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

I have been taught by The Father in this manner.It is written that Jesus mingled with those known to be sinners and was condemned by others for it. In the same way we all have to live in a world full of what we know to be wickedness and those that practice it. Why are they wicked? Did they choose this course of life because they are weak in the flesh? Drugs, alcohol, loos conduct, homosexuality, lesbianism, and all that GOD does not like is around us. Approach them in a loving manner and try to understand why it is they choose to live that way. How easy is it to do what you please when there is no one around to prevent you from doing so?

The heart is treacherous as many people are led by torn emotions,lack of family values, broken homes, poverty, hunger, and all that is written in the bible. GOD will rescue us in due season which is upon us now. The signs have been recognized by many and many believe we are in the last days. It is true, we are. So there is hope, so meanwhile make an attempt to conform your personality to that which Jesus will approve of when he approaches you as a spirit.

Your Heavenly Father is Pure LOVE and it emminates from His Lofty Throne in Perfect Peace and Loving Comfort. The Holy Spirit is Intense in Love and all will learn what GOD intended from the beginning. His creation chose their path out of free will but only for a perios of time. In the Seventh Day Love will flourish and all that is promise in the Holy Scripture will be fullfilled......have a great night.

Estephan Leuese

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Any JW that has died in decades past, how are they even eligible for ressurection? During the time in which they died, they were never taught "The Truth", as everything changed.

Any JW today, looking forward to Armageddon coming tomorrow, isn't being taught "the truth" either, as will be made manifest by more doctrinal change. By default, they will be destroyed along with the rest.

Do you think this is a legitimate argument to make?

lurk3r yes i think it is a legitimate argument to make.

But it seems to me that Jehovahs witnessness produce a counter argument - that of "tacking into the wind" - lol - and based on this scenario they can argue that truth is/was truth at the time and that those who adhered to it will be saved. To them a main function of dispensing truth is to keep order and peace and that Jehovah will judge them on that basis and not specifically on the basis of teaching truth in itself.

Collective salvation and not individual salvation is a priority whereas in contrast Jesus seemed to teach about how individuals could obtain truth for themselves and also gain salvation linked to freedom.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

which Jesus will approve of when he approaches you as a spirit.

Hi there SOM. After work tomorrow, I am off fishing for the weekend. Lucky me, it's a long weekend too. I will come back here and check up though, and see if we can't hash out a good spiel.

This "loo's conduct" you speak of. I for one, have never been big into the bathroom for whatever "conduct" it is here your talking about...

Nice to hear ya speak of your faith as well, without quoting the good book left and right either. Kudo's to you.

Of anything I actually AM sure of it is this : I would much rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

which Jesus will approve of when he approaches you as a spirit.

Hi there SOM. After work tomorrow, I am off fishing for the weekend. Lucky me, it's a long weekend too. I will come back here and check up though, and see if we can't hash out a good spiel.

This "loo's conduct" you speak of. I for one, have never been big into the bathroom for whatever "conduct" it is here your talking about...

Nice to hear ya speak of your faith as well, without quoting the good book left and right either. Kudo's to you.

Of anything I actually AM sure of it is this : I would much rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Hi

Enjoy your weekend. We can cook corn beaf hash if you like. I am not much of a meat eater however but I guess I need protein for my bodies sustainance once in a while. jk.....of course

Whatever you do in the privacy of your bathroom is up to you.

I know some scripture but not all of it. My teaching has come from experience like a faithful slave and also a wicked one. In order to pay back the wicked for their wickedness, one has to be wicked as well. Like a two edged sword you might say.

Enjoy your bottle of whatever brand you choose......frontal lobotomy brings me chills and I wish that upon no one......<quiver>

Have a good night.......

the faithful and discreet slave

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi Son of Man: My response is not about you, it's my personal feelings - you didn't even need reply.

""the truth"" spoken of in the heading of this thread is "the truth" according to the jehovah witnesses - I'm not sure where you stand on that, and I honestly don't care. The JW truth is not truth, and to site examples is tiresome (yes that may sound like a cop out) I do get sick and tired of regurgitating that stuff.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    ATJ- Thanks for your opinion. I figured it made sense, i just thought I would put it out there and seen what came back. One great thing about debating/conversing with a Witness, is that most times, you already know what the scripted answer is gonna be. Im sure the, "its a perfect organization run by imperfect men" will make it's way out here somewhere.

It's all good lrk3r. Frankly, I am not looking to debate certain aspects of religious "truth". The fact is, because this cult had its start in so many fale peophecies initially, only to change their "tack" later, has put them in a position of covering their @$$ more then being honest.

One of the key differences why they have so much new light isn't because they "discovered" something new; its because they got something wrong.

1914, the anchor for JW faith, is going to be the weight that finally sinks this cult. There will have to be a new discussion on what truth is when that happens....

• Will Power
    Will Power

Atj: One of the key differences why they have so much new light isn't because they "discovered" something new; its because they got something wrong.

I really like that sentence.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Lur3r,

You’re forgetting something,

The light is getting brighter, we live in an age of solar power, all is being revealed now that we don’t live by candlelight.

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit