JW diseases

by highdose 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• highdose
    highdose

on the subject of health matters i was mentaly listing all the comman illnesses that the dubs lay claim to, most of the time this is self diagnosed and with no imput from a Dr. In fact the comman story is that "the drs won't belive me!"

a large number of jw's i knew went and got tested for allergies, this was the big thing for years. Every single one of them turned out to be allgeric to the same stuff ( wheat, dairy, sugar) ... i should point out that they all went to the one "dr" for this, the "dr" in question had never had any medical training and had done only a basic course. They were ranking in the cash cos of those hypercondriac JW's!

also comman i found was:

ME/CFS ( most of the time i found this was the most often self diagnosed illness)

depression ( i can understand this, look at the lives they led)

can anyone think of any other JW diseases?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:can anyone think of any other JW diseases?

Braindeaditis.

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

Though I don't doubt its validity, hypoglycemia.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Spiritual blindness John 9:39-41

All the best,

Stephen

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

fibromyalgia

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Irritible bowel sydrome

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The IBS comes from being very devoted to meeting attendance and not taking a bathroom break when needed (cause you know that is spiritually immature) and of course, in field service, biological needs don't often meet up with the car groups plans. It's embarrassing to have an entire car lose time while you search out the nearest loo. You SURE can't use the householders!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Chronic fatigue syndrome (AKA M.E), fibromyalgia, lupus, candida, food allergies, fragrance allergies.

The common link with any JW fad illness is the absence of a diagnostic test. Steve Hassan mentions this phenomenon in his book.

• chickpea
    chickpea

a really close non-JW
    friend of mine in canada,
    totally unchurched her
    entire life, has been
    diagnosed and treated
    for IBS and FMS since
    her early 20s...

i have seen her suffer terribly,
    to the point of having to take
    her to the hospital for emergent