Any DF'd or DA'd people ever get visits from Elders?

by drew sagan 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

I stopped attending meetings etc in August 1999.

I waited for the expected Elders call, and waited, and waited, and waited.

No phone call, no letter, no visit.

Not even when the Memorial came round the following year, not even an invite slip, posted through door.

It was September 2001 before any Elder called. The reason, because they were having a campaign to get "inactive" ones back, because of falling numbers.

It was that, that made me decide to Disassociate, if all I was was just someone to back up the numbers, it showed what they really thought of their members. No interest in what I was doing the previous two years, or concern about me personally.

If they had they would have found Ihad become a Christian and been attending a Pentecostal church since March 2000.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

They do contact with you...in my case I had a call 2 years after I was disfellowship and they wanted to talk to me. I said ok and we had a meeting hearing the usual staff...end is near...the door will close...etc etc. I thank them for their concern and really appreciate them for their time to have a "Bible" discussion...

That was all, and they had a friendly aproach. There is one and half year ever since ...no one called...

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

No..but what is really telling about the whole system is that after being df'd for years, we notice that there is little to nonexistent door to door activity anyplace we've lived and that an Elder, even within the family, feels such a lack of concern about our spiritual health that not only doesn't HE call and do any counsel or even try to talk about anything, he can't be bothered to contact any of the Elders in the congregations he knows we live near so that they can make a visit or call.

Basically the thought is that it's up to you to beg and crawl back, it's not really up to them to do much of anything - such superiority lol..sammieswife.

• dinah
    dinah

They used to come by here every spring like clockwork trying to encourage me to come back. I got so tired of hearing about the prodical son!

I'm in a very small town, and my Mom is still in. I'm sure they come by mostly because of her. My best friend was df'd two weeks after me (which was in the late 80's). She has never received a single visit. They probably couldn't find her.

Anyway, they were here maybe 3 years ago or so. One of the elders couldn't have been a day over 25. I made a remark about that. They go into their little pep talk. The older one did all the talking........(ha ha!!) I've always been very nice to them because I still like them as people. The elders in my Moms hall are good men.

This time I just didn't care to smile and nod anymore. Finally I told them had I not been born into it, I didn't think it was something I would have chosen for myself. They haven't been back. Score!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Depends on the elder body and how zealous they are. One congregation I know, they make it a point to do shepherding calls on each and every publisher in the congregation at least once a year. They also visit once a year those that were df. They do not visit the da.

But another congregation I know makes only infrequent shepherding calls on the "weak" publishers. The "active/strong" publishers and DF are never visited.

• Matthew 46:79
    Matthew 46:79

I can't say I have, although there was one time... but that is a different story, kinda. Maybe some other day.. but short answer no, I haven't gotten that visit, and do not want or need it.

• boomerang715
    boomerang715

I was inactive for more than 5 years and never got a call from one elder or concerned friend at the hall. During this time I was not hiding, I went to conventions and the occasional Sunday meeting and several times old friends or acquaintances got my address/number and said they were going to call and encourage me or even find somebody to start a bible study with me. No calls. Nothing. (Hm, could that be b/c you can't count your time studying with a baptized person?) Then, about 4 months ago, I told my parents that I was pregnant (unmarried but in a serious committeed relationship). BAM! The presiding overseer from the KH I grew up in called me the very next day!!! Just trying to encourage me? Apparently, he wanted to tell me that he would be contacting the elders in the area where I now live so that they could contact me. I've never heard from them either (thank goodness), but it was definitely an eye-opener......

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

DF'ed in early 90's

Lived 4 years in the same address. Not 1 visit.

Moved to this place over 10 years ago and no visits, not even a single Memorial invitation taped to the door.

Conclusion:

Ask too many questions, recall what was said before and after 1975, buck the system to get a college education.

I am not worth the time as I will be bird food anyway.

• besty
    besty

DF'd for apostasy in 2007 - shunned by immediate family and moved 5000 miles to get away from the neighborhood :-)

I can't imagine a call anytime this lifetime.....

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

DA'd fall 2006. Wife is still 'officially' a JW.

Neither of us is ever contacted. In fact, as far as we can tell, and with frequent contact with the neighbors we would likely know, Jw's have absolutely never entered our neighborhood in the five years we have lived here [with the exception of a single elder and one good friend of mine coming by to try and encourage us about 4 years back].

Of course, I am thought of as a fire-breathing APOSTATE in this territory. I guess Jehoober will understand if all the locals have to die due to my tainting of the roadway with my apostacy.

They are allowing my wife to die too I suppose, rather than risk any dangerous contact with my property, me or my attitudes.

Probably good thing too - because if the 'boys' show up they will leave with one less nipple than the good lord issued.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit