I was invited to the Kingdom Hall and nobody greeted after five meetings

by Trailer Park Pioneer 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

"I felt like it was "bait and switch", no "loving brotherhood :(?"

Interesting question posted on Yahoo, the problem is Witnesses are not telling the truth.  How many times did you experience people not saying anything after some prolonged illness or separation from the Kingdom Hall for work reasons?  I think they are becoming like politicians except their's no salary to all the lies they tell!

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150103205335AAZzTg9

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    Just as Revelation foretold- some congregations are strong, some weak- some foul.
  • stillin
    stillin

The thought process is this; if you are going to be missing so many meetings, don't expect to be warmly treated when you come back..

the elder who is in charge of the service group that I am assigned to pretends to forget giving me my Kingdom Ministry. He is subtly making the point that he barely remembers that I am still a brother in his loving care because I am inactive. If I never came to another meeting I would never hear from him. And we were good friends once, I thought.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's all about performance.

Perform and you are IN.

Don't perform and you are going to have to die at armageddon.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Stay away and you can just fade out without any notice or comment made. Honestly, you can get the KM online now anyway if you really want it. 
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Same thing happened to me. When we first moved to the area we are now in we went to the assigned congregation. I was pretty much ignored by everyone in the hall except two men that were studying. My wife had it a bit better. We had to move to the other congregation in the hall before we were treated like we belonged.

Some congregation's are just a mess and the whole thing about not getting the KM and other things unless your always there proves its a mind control cult. I mean look at the last DC assembly where they told everyone not to mention anything to others not there. Its plainly obvious its a Cult. 

• prologos
    prologos

Many JWs are clawing for the top, social climbers*, if you do not advance their standing, you are poison, retarding their "progress"

* in my youth we called them "Bicycle Riders", buckling down their head to the top, and kicking toward the bottom.

Doc House, where in the 7 congregations did Jesus berate the elders for tolerating abrogating on John 13:35? 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Honesty - "Perform and you are IN."

Oddly enough, that sounds just like the adult video industry.

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Even as a Elder some assholes played that game of dangling the Kingdom Ministries for people who had work outside the United States.  

I had to grab Kingdom Ministry's out of some of the nasty Elders bags, my friend too(He's out of the Organization, almost beat the hell out of his judicial committee and they avoided his house because he said he would find them in Field Service and "F' them up if they tried anything funny, he was never removed because he had ties to the White Arian nation(I swear i saw him fight two big guys and kick their ass because of unfinished business!.  How many people got screwed over with those forms!  Remember the story of the householder chasing the little witness around the corner to fight him only to find a Samoan looking JW with a book bag?  Think of Reno 911 Brother Thor, now you have my photo in your mind!

• SadElder
    SadElder
    Reminds me of visiting a congregation in Ft. Lauderdale as a speaker. I had to ask to finally find out who was the chairman. Everyone in the hall wondered around with that deer-in-the-headlights look but would stop to speak. Found a spot in my outline to tell them it was the most unfriendly hall I had ever visited. Once sister thanked me after because she felt the same way. Don't think I ever went back there again to speak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit