I had to make a decision

by journey-on 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

spike,

:"properly trained conscience" is the key,

If one has to "properly train" a conscience based upon somone else's notion of "proper", it isn't a conscience. It is mind that is brainwashed into someone else's notion of what a "conscience" should be.

That "notion" of "proper" is the Watchtower Printing Corporation's notion, and they have NO conscience whatsoever.

Farkel

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

each one's conscience has different parameters, that's for sure

• journey-on
    journey-on

Spike, you seem sincere. If you are looking for spiritual truth, you don't have to promote anything. Go within, pray in the proper way with right intention, and live your life in love and light. It will be revealed. Just listen with hearing ears and see with seeing eyes. You'll see.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

You cant really "what if" the whole thing you know? If it were the TRUTH...you wouldnt have any doubts at all about ANY of it logically. There would be nothing that could refute ANY of it.

The situation is you cant be kinda pregnant...you cant be kinda blue eyed...either you is or you isnt.

Its not the truth. And if you have a spiritual need, continue to persue it and continue to study and ask and learn. That is your choice.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Farkel said:

If one has to "properly train" a conscience based upon somone else's notion of "proper", it isn't a conscience. It is mind that is brainwashed into someone else's notion of what a "conscience" should be.

Bravo! Nice... I'm going to have to quote you on that.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah sets the guidelines for how a "properly trained conscience" functions in the Bible, the operator's manual for all human beings.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

My experience was similar. When I started fading, there was a part of me that still believed. But I was in my 30's, and I just couldn't waste any more of my life if I was no longer convinced. So I simply stopped attending altogether. I haven't regretted my decision.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I left about a year before the 1975 "prophecy" was to be fulfilled. Glad to be out and with hardly any apprehension. However, on December 31, 1975 I went to bed thinking "This is it. Showtime. If I wake up tomorrow and Armageddon ain't here, I will have the final proof I need for getting away from that crap."

Early morning on January 1, 1976 I awoke to a glorious San Diego day. I sat up in my bed and shouted "YES! YES! YEEESSSS! "

True story!

Farkel

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    so, what is the TRUTH then? What are we to PROMOTE?

If I figure out what the TRUTH is, I'll offer to share what I've learned with others, as I share my incomplete understanding, opinions and beliefs with others now. Until then, I don't need to PROMOTE anything. If I promote something that turns out to be wrong, and I've convinced someone to believe in something that is actually false, what good deed have I done?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

we're on the same page there, blue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit