Lack of education does not = stupid.

by bluecanary 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I'm all for tax reform. I don't think other people's bad choices should be funded by you. I'm also all for protecting the life of a child even if it conflicts with a parent's beliefs. Informed adults may still choose to reject life-saving surgery. Children cannot make that decision. As far as being parented by people with wacky beliefs---shrug. I'm frustrated by it too, but not much can be done about that. Everyone's belief is wacky to someone else.

• steve2
    steve2

As a 3rd generation JW I was never stupid; but I sure made stupid decisions and acted in stupid ways .

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    As a 3rd generation JW I was never stupid; but I sure made stupid decisions and acted in stupid ways.

Ditto that.

• vlasco
    vlasco

I totally agree wit what you say at the end "But if individuals are educated, they can have the tools to make wise decisions about what groups to be a part of. "

All the discussions will lead us to this point. Ideally people should be able to chose for themselves if and what groups to be part of and do this knowing exactly how it works and what they get themselves into. You can call it responsible decision or smart living but for sure it's the best way.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome vlasco!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Was raised in, I don't think I would have fallen for it as an adult but thats just me.

• vlasco
    vlasco

Hi bluecanary!

Thanks for the welcome :) Sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier, I've been pretty tied up with jobs these days. Plus yesterday it was my best friend's birthday and I helped her with the partyso I kind of ran all day long.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My Grandfather for the most part was illiterate. He built quite an estate so that all 6 of his children were University educated. Ironically his brother became a witness and I have all these distant relatives I never met who are JW's. ugh.

My mother in law has basic education from Mexico. She is a JW. Although poor she realized that education was a way out of poverty. So both of her children went to college. One can say she is limited in education but has alot more smarts than the avg JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit