What's the best way to reason with and help your wife to give up her JW religion?

by lifelong humanist 33 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

good move on blood jimmy page - hold her in your arms and tell her you love her uncondionally and hope that she feels the same about you? tell her you have found some interesting info about JW mums and childbirth risks - would she like to look at it?

tell her with all the changes on allowed blood fractions who knows what might be allowed this time next year - and Jesus wanted mercy not sacrifice right?

as baove - try and make all the local non-JW friends you can with other couples who are about to have a baby - maybe there are local classes for new parents - get busy and start joining up - I know it goes against the grain for a lot of fellas but its for the greater good - non-JW friends are critical for offering an alternative social structure - very important to the ladies....especially with a new baby

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I can see an alternate social structure would be quite important, as they try to suck my wife in, they are trying to dismantle her current social structure. She is supposed to be starting classes in a classroom setting again in August, and is now talking about getting a part time job as well, hopefully both good signs....

• Farkel
    Farkel

:So, my wife is still a JW, albeit losing interest in her religion.

:What's the best way to reason with and help your wife to give up her JW religion?

Become an elder. Talk like an elder, walk like an elder and act like an elder.

If that doesn't work, become a Circuit Overseer.

If THAT doesn't convince her to get out, nothing will!

Farkel

• White Dove
    White Dove

Be the best damned husband EVER! Show her that non-JW's lead happy and fulfilling lives. Show complete respect for her religious choice while leaving bread crums that might get the wheels in her head going. Flies to honey, you know.

• besty
    besty

excellent range of strategies in the above two posts - don't try and combine them though :-)))

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here's a good simple question: WHO is the faithful and discreet slave?

The Society defines the slave as ALL living annointed.

Who provides the "spiritual food"?

• sacolton
    sacolton

None.

I tried.

Divorced.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

saco...she did exit though right?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Be the best damned husband EVER! Show her that non-JW's lead happy and fulfilling lives. Show complete respect for her religious choice while leaving bread crums that might get the wheels in her head going. Flies to honey, you know.

Thanks WD, need to be reminded of this approach......JW wife is not the real person.... Another tip, make sure if you are leaving bread crumbs, leave them when she is her authentic self....

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yeah ... to prevent a JC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit