Could the WTS be sued for slander for DF'ing?

by avishai 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I think that is why they no longer announced what a person is df'd for. (you have to be old to remember those days)

Put a lid on it, Blondie!

Farkel

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

jehovah's witnesses believe that 'jehovah's witnesses' is not a title..but a description.

therefore to announce to anyone that you no longer fit the description is slander if it is untrue or does not have your consent.

and a witness to something does not have to give positive information. i am a witness to jehovah not fulfilling his promises. and i tell people that.

still don't think you would win a suit tho. could be fun trying tho. if i had the money i would. it would annoy them no end

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I think that is why they no longer announced what a person is df'd for.

Isn't having a special needs talk on the subject why you were df'd, in the same month that you were df'd pretty much telling everyone what a person was df'd for?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    Go for the 3 elders who signed the forms.
    Watch the WTS back away hurriedly.
    Set a precedent.

How would one go about doing something like this? Would someone use Doc Bob's letter, and address it specifically to each elder?

• Iamalone
    Iamalone

I believe that they could.

Seeing as how the Watchtower 11/15/2006 p26-30 stated "Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member
    of the congregation unrepentantly engages in gross
    sin.” If one is disfellowshipped, then the congregation would assume that the person unrepentantly engaged in gross sin. If there was no gross sin or no sin at all, then that is slander to DF someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit