Could the WTS be sued for slander for DF'ing?

by avishai 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avishai
  • avishai
    avishai

Dangit, my post did'nt show up.When you are df'd they say that "so-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." Break down the definition of those two words and essentially they are saying that you don't "witness" God, perhaps don't even believe. How do they quantify that? IMHO, it's slander and defamation.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Do you mean when they announce you as "no longer being one of Jehovah's Witnesses"?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Oh, sorry, the first part of that didn't show up for me til now.

• blondie
    blondie

I think that is why they no longer announced what a person is df'd for. (you have to be old to remember those days)

• minimus
    minimus

I see no slander.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Maybe they are announcing that you are no longer part of the legal entity of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Altho, you could be right. They are still calling into question what you believe. Implying you don't beleive in God.....

• wobble
    wobble

You see no slander minnie ?

Slander is a false or malicious claim that may damage a persons reputation.

I was a witness for jehovah for 58 years, I still bear witness to my faith in God, I am known in my community for miles around as a religious guy.

Would not such an announcement be slander ?

If they try it I will certainly do a "Doc Bob" and threaten legal action, I reckon I will win too. (I bet the bastards back off when they realise I will be suing them personally, as well as the WBT$)

Love

Wobble

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm pretty sure WTS has covered their asses legally to prevent anyone suing for this.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I agree with wobble.

Someone on another thread stated that some need the WTS to be invincible.

I personally don't see the WTS as being invincible and I think the way they refuse basic human rights to their members - exiting members or otherwise- will (and should) come back to bite them big time.

Has anyone actually tried to sue for defamation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit