More Quotes in the WT from Supposedly Rank and File bros and sisters?

by youngapostate 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• youngapostate
    youngapostate

I've noticed that lately (maybe as of a year ago or so) there have been personal quotations in every single study article. It seems a brother or sister always sends in the exact quotation that would fit perfectly into an article. Has anyone else noticed this?

An example would be something like:

"Blood is a Sacred Thing"

A sister who suffered from a chronic illness recently had to make a life-altering decision: be faithful to Jehovah or accept a blood transfusion. "Though it was a very difficult choice, Jehovah and His organization were there for me. Through prayer and help from the elders and the Society's literature, I was able to overcome the Satan-given temptation to accept a blood transfusion." The result? The sister not only is now cured but through her operation was able to aid in the discovery of a life-saving procedure! "I thank Jah every day for helping me to make the correct decision."

• sir82
    sir82

I'm 100% certain that those quotes are every bit as authentic as the questions in "Questions From Readers" and "Our Readers Ask".

• Room 215
    Room 215

You gotta wonder about those quotes; I'm more than a little skeptical. I suspect they're "made to order."

• minimus
    minimus

folklore

• MadameSweden
    MadameSweden

Maybe the article writers sent her the quote and asked her to confirm that this is exactly what she wanted to have said.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

Those quotes are surely made up. anyone can tell a story and since when a blood transfusion is a satan-given tempation? they just love to make things up dont they and sure enough everyone in the borg believes it and swallow it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I would imagine the article quotes are about as genuine as the assembly experiences.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

What I've always found interesting about those quotes is that they're always presented in that same trademark bland vocabulary and dry sentence structure that every publication is written in. This can only mean three things...

1. The quotes are complete fabrications.

2. The quotes are genuine but heavily 'edited' for content.

3. Some members really are that brainwashed that they talk like a Watchtower.

I think the truth is probably a mixture of all three.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband and I could confirm that the "experiences" at the conventions/assemblies started out genuine but have been heavily "edited" for content to suit their theme and objective. I am convinced that the ones in the publications are likewise. Using the search on the WT-CD you can find some were used 20 to 30 years ago and presented in a magazine today as if it happened recently.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I don't think it's a coincidence that "quotes" like these all sound canned and forced. Either they ar told what to say before they say it, or they're just making this shit up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit