Why JWs are The Happiest People on Earth™

by Scully 45 Replies latest jw friends

• gambler
    gambler

translation-only Jws.

• LDH
    LDH

Here we have another poster, Erich this time, who denies everything that is taught by JW and has a way to rationalize their spin on the bible.

Gets a little old, Erich. You are talking with a bunch of dyed-in-the-wool Former JWs who know enough about "exclusive JW beliefs" to make your head spin.

Here we all sit, knowing that the JW line is that ONLY JW will survive Armegeddon. But wait, now we have a progressive JW like Erich who knows how to give politically correct answers to the question:

Do JW believe that only they will survive Armegeddon?
    * http://www.watchtower.org/library/jt/index.htm

And their politically correct answers, taken verbatim from their website:

Jehovah's Witnesses—Who Are They? What Do They Believe?

Do the Witnesses believe that their religion is the only right one?
    Anyone who is serious about his religion should think that it is the right one. Otherwise, why would he or she be involved in it? Christians are admonished: "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine." (1 Thessalonians 5:21) A person should make sure that his beliefs can be supported by the Scriptures, for there is only one true faith. Ephesians 4:5 confirms this, mentioning "one Lord, one faith, one baptism." Jesus did not agree with the modern, relaxed view that there are many roads, many religions, all leading to salvation. Instead, he said: "Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it." Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they have found it. Otherwise, they would look for another religion.—Matthew 7:14.

Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?
    No. Millions that have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before the "great tribulation," and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. We look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. He has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.—Matthew 7:1-5; 24:21; 25:31.

So as anyone can see, the around the bush party line is STILL that all those alive who are NOT JW when Armegeddon comes will DIE

Lisa

• Erich
    Erich

Lisa:

So as anyone can see, the around the bush party line is STILL that all those alive who are NOT JW when Armegeddon comes will [red]DIE

Lisa:
    Please read once more what I had mentioned about "A" and great trib
    (it's my personal opinion / I do not know exactly what's the up-to-date-statement of the org today / this can change / maybe you'll read the same in WT 2003 or 04 / I am sure the "light" will shine brighter)

We do not know the way HOW the process will take place, we do not know WHEN and we do not know the DURATION, which the process needs until its end. Fact is, that people who believe and knows, that this process is not man-made but comes from an "higher source" (and there is a name for this source called YHVH/JHWH) will survive this process; those people who go on to fight against this process - ignoring the fact this process comes from God - will not survive.

Certainly: the process will happen in an other manner than most JW's had expected in earlier decades. Bible is no "history" book and furthermore, it is no "programming manual"....

• Erich
    Erich

Lisa:

Note: I'm no "spindoctor" !
    I am going to try what nobody would have expected any time before:

I give no "POLITICAL" CORRECT ANSWERS,
    I try to giveSCIENTIFICALLYCORRECT ANSWERS !!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Erich,

The title of this thread is why JW's are the happiest. While your viewpoints are interesting, maybe you should open a different thread to outline them.

If you want to keep this thread on course, you cannot avoid the truth that most JW's indeed wish for the destruction of all unbelievers on the outside, and all unfaithful in their own midst!

You said,

We do not know the way HOW the process will take place, we do not know WHEN and we do not know the DURATION
    Yes, those seem to be eternal mysteries, don't they?

However, what you are not addressing is WHY Armageddon even needs to take place in the first place. WHY a loving god would subject many innocent and ignorant people to such a slaughter as the JW's envision?
    And how does this fit in with God's promise spoken after the flood, "Never again shall I deal every living thing a blow just as I have done". (Genesis 8:21) So logically, God has different ways of bringing about his purpose than an earthwide slaughter.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• gambler
    gambler

Eric you still have not answered my question.Why is it nessasary to be a JW if lots of non belivers will make it through armagedon.Its a direct question please give me a direct anwser.Dont answer with another question or quote meaningless double talk.I know its hard for jws to give outsiders the straight talk.But please try and in your own words.

• Erich
    Erich

Lisa:

>So logically, God has different ways of bringing about his purpose than an earthwide slaughter.<

Absolutely correct spoken, Lisa. It's the same opinion as mine.

I am sure, that there will be no earth-wide slaughter.

If God indeed 'd wanted to deal in this way, he had occasions enough.
    E.g. at the end of WWI and WWII, or when communists-states-block in 1989/90 has collapsed.

• Erich
    Erich

gambler:

Please read all my posts. There you find enough answers to your question..

My opinion is:
    "To be or not to be" a JW (a worshipper of the Almighty God YHVH/JHWH), is not a matter of "to be or not to be" a worshipper of WTS. Please contemplate the matters carefully, and have ability to distinct them.
    My opinion is: In a process of gaining cognition, scientist (even those are atheists) will get soon more and more a provable evidence of the fact of an existence of a "higher source" in the universe.
    This process will change everything you can imagine. No stone will remain on the other.

Same will happen when scientists find the proof that life-duration of human beings could be lengthened ten-fold and more (gen-therapy, new medical knowledge etc.) These inventions will drive up the worlds-changing-process to an incredible climax.

• gambler
    gambler

Dont worry I already Know the Jws answer to my question because technicaly I sill am one.I just wanted your anwser.You clearly are not a practicing JW .You responce is how billy graham would awnwser my question.What religion do you follow?

• Erich
    Erich

gambler:

You clearly are not a practicing JW .Your responce is how billy graham would awnwser my question. What religion do you follow?

Sorry, I have to disappoint you. I am a practising JW. And I will stay a practising JW. Even then if they 'd df' me and my familiy.

I already told folks here: JW and WTS is not the same. Jehovah had exist 15 billion years before the WTS; and he will be existing 15 billion years after WTS.

Jehovah is not a God who somebody could sorcer out of a hat - together with a rabbit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit