Why JWs are The Happiest People on Earth™

by Scully 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Erich:

Please do not throw all JW's into the same pot.

I am JW more than 16 yrs and I never have felt "Schadenfreude" regarding those people not surviving armageddon... Most of my friends too. We do not believe that 99,9% of all people will die. Nonsense. Totally.

JW's shall be bootstraps-follower of Jesus Christ. As you surely know, Jesus never had felt Schadenfreude during his whole life (in contrary, he wept about Jerusalem's fall); but his enemies though!

You are disregarding the facts though, that the Watchtower Society commands Jehovah's Witnesses to feel happy, joyful, glad, delight at the thought of all earth's wickedness being wiped out. That, my friend, is Schadenfreude that bears the Watchtower seal of approval.

Do the Math Erich. 6 million JWs. 6 billion inhabitants on planet earth. JWs are 0.1% of the earth's population. The other 99.9% are not, and according to your beliefs, must be destroyed at Armageddon.

I agree with you that Jesus wept over the fall of Jerusalem. I agree with you about his compassion and love for others. I also agree with you that many JWs do their level best to avoid feelings of Schadenfreude. However, in examining the publications, how can one NOT come to the conclusion that the Watchtower Society endorses Schadenfreude as an appropriate emotion for their followers to indulge in?? And why would a "boot straps follower of Jesus Christ" want anything to do with an Organization which promoted and endorsed the emotion of Schadenfreude the way the Watchtower Society does??

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• Englishman
    Englishman

Scully,

Wonderful post! I think that I often experience that same Shameful Joy wheb I see oppressive dubs getting their come-uppance.

Long live Schadenfraude!

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Erich
    Erich

scully:

Do the Math Erich. 6 million JWs. 6 billion inhabitants on planet earth. JWs are 0.1% of the earth's population. The other 99.9% are not, and according to your beliefs, must be destroyed at Armageddon

Sorry, no biblical statement or message supports this view.

In contrary:
    If one watches the social, economical and political processes here on earth during the last decades, one must come to the opinion, that God let the things happen on in a matter that they do not "escalate" to much.

If he would not have done this, armageddon already would have come long ago - for many reasons! Look at the collapse of the UDSSR and other communist states! I'm sure he is willing to help most of all people to survive !

• Scully
    Scully

Erich writes:

Do the Math Erich. 6 million JWs. 6 billion inhabitants on planet earth. JWs are 0.1% of the earth's population. The other 99.9% are not, and according to your beliefs, must be destroyed at Armageddon

Sorry, no biblical statement or message supports this view.

Hate to burst your bubble Erich, but here is what the WTS says:

*** Apr 1, 1986 Watchtower ***
    Questions from Readers

Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.

*** Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower ***

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

In other words, if they could "execute" us, they would!!

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• Erich
    Erich

scully writes:

Apr 1, 1986 Watchtower ***

requires accepting... the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs UNIQUE to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Amazing. I will go to check this in my old WT-literature.
    Hope they know about Re. 22:19

• Erich
    Erich

scully:

The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

Huchhhhh, thats dangerous.
    What if "new light" drives them to the opinion, they we have to obey more to God than to the "law of the land" ...;-( --- back to the "roots" - and if some elders come to the view that I'd be possibly an apostate...

No, Eric, forget it... forget it
    forget it
    forget it
    forget it
    ....quickly, it was only a nightmare...

• gambler
    gambler

eric what are you saying.Are you saying that at the big A jws will not be the only ones saved.How many non jws, and what is the criteria for these non Jws to be saved.If thats the case than nobody needs to be a jw.I think you are trying to spindoctor that your god is not a genocidal maniac.This halftruth is often told to the media and outsiders so that the Jws can look less like the CULT we know them to be.The biggest thing that started my exodus from the jws was a talk at a district convention where the speeker said that If you arent making to all the meeings you will not make it through armagedon.At that moment I knew something was very wrong with this religion.So I think the figure of 6 million will survie is way too liberal.It should be more like 1 million.

• Erich
    Erich

gambler:

I think the figure of 6 million will survive is way too liberal. It should be more like 1 million...

no, gambler, this isn't: because consequently God had to re-install the hell he has abolished meanwhile..lol

take it easy, gambler. YHVH/JHWH is a kind and merciful God. And most of all: He is sane and not insane...

• Scully
    Scully

Erich writes:

God had to re-install the hell he has abolished meanwhile

ummm, methinks he already did when he 'created' the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society!!

Love, Scully

• Erich
    Erich

scully,

say, didn't you ever meet brothers or sisters in your congregation, who treated you with love and "positive vibrations" ? Sure, you became extremely hurted and depressed. Toooo much.

I can't imagine it you never met good JW's. As you know, me and my wife are JW's since 16 years. We always have tried to treat all people well and with love and kindness. Even (and of course) those too, who got "shunned" for unknown reasons. I'd mostly taken this easy...

Note: What is right and in accordance with biblical requirements, will remain to stay. What is of evil, will be destroyed and will vanish. Everywhere.
    Absolutely sure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit