Littlebird's Introduction "Hi!"

by littlebird 26 Replies latest jw friends

• littlebird
    littlebird

You all are so welcoming, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am trying hard not to argue with him, but he can't seem to leave it alone. I know he is getting alot of grief at the hall. He told me someone said that me and our 2 boys left because he wasn't strong enough in the truth. That's really funny, since my oldest son was in the school at 5 yrs old and went out with the pioneers regularly. Its funny how you go from being someone who was considered "strong", to "I can't believe they left the truth", to "they were never one of us". I tried to reason with him about how conditional their love is, but he just can't see it. He started in on me again this morning about how satan has ahold of me and how I know its the truth, he gives the devil waaaaaaaaay to much credit.

I will try to put some evidence together and see if he will even listen. Its worth a try.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Littlebird! Welcome to the Forum. I am very sorry your husband is being abusive. I hope he can come to the same understanding as you. I have found that the WTS doesn't support women and that's why I never joined. I was too strong to 'subjugate' myself. I knew I could never live that way... and never have.

I think everyone is looking for the paradise that the WTS promises. We all hope that this exists somewhere. The longer you are 'in' the more you realize you've been lied to. Even those who haven't left can see the pig behind the lipstick.

The real truth is to make your own paradise. Embrace proper principles on a foundation of knowing what you want out of life, and move forward with a plan, creating a positive, growth oriented existence. I see the complete opposite with my JW family. My father is not positive or growth oriented. He is waiting for the promised paradise that has yet to materialize. He doesn't do things (like throw out garbage) because the Big A is coming 'very soon' now. So it's left up to me. I've been living this reality for years. I just shake my head.

I look forward to more of your postings.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Littlebird,

Welcome to the forum!!! We are so glad you decided to post. Sounds like you are going through alot!!

This may seem like a odd question, but it can be relavent.....

Have you learned about 607 yet? If you have, then you already know it is not factual and cannot be supported without JW literaure. I was able to get my husband out by having him try and prove to me 607 was factual, but I asked him to prove it to me without using any of the Societies literature. When he realized he couldn't he too wanted to know why. It was pandoras box for him as well. Remember, the 607 date is the very foundation of the organization. Without it everything else crumbles. The truth is not the truth unless it is 100% factual. After a very short time researching this date, one will soon see we were being lied to.

Anyhow...it helped me, and maybe it will help you. Here is my story and what happened and how I went about helping my husband while he was trying to "help me".

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/109978/1/Its-High-Time-I-Introduce-Myself

If you can't pull it up. its my introduction post, you can find it by clicking on my name and at the top of the page click "Topics Posted On", then click on the first one.

I hope things work out between you and your husband. I know it is a very scarey place, to love someone and be fearful of losing them because you don't believe the same way.

Hang in there.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi and welcome, Littlebird.

We understand.

Snowbird

• yknot
    yknot

I think you just posted the 'root' of his harassment! He is being judged as a 'lesser' male then before by his peers! Why not turn the converstation around and ask him if that such labels against him as an individual are very 'encouraging or upbuilding' from those who are suppose to be his spiritual brothers and sisters? Point out that it seems like they are canabalizing him to place blame on your and the boys leaving. Ask him if he thinks it is fair and Christian? Share a scripture or two about maintaining faith in face of persecution. Tell him you love him, remind him that he and you know he is not the reason for leaving the Org.

If pressure keeps building consider using scriptures into coaxing him into couple counseling. An unbiased ear can do wonders for perception.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome Littlebird.....

Take things slow and try not to give in to his comments, try to walk away he'll maybe get the message the topic is off

limits for now.....

Best wishes

h4o

• littlebird
    littlebird

Hi lady lib, I read your info on 607, funny , huh? They base all their authority on a false date. A lie. I used to think they were misguided. More and more I think they do what they do on purpose. Ever been to a sales meeting, like Mary Kay or Amway. I did once, then went to the ministry school and thought "Geez, this is just like the Mary Kay meeting." meaning they use some of the same sales techniques.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit