Littlebird's Introduction "Hi!"

by littlebird 26 Replies latest jw friends

• littlebird
    littlebird

Hi, I've been lurking hear for awhile and just registered this week. You're an interesting bunch and I look forward to getting to know you better.

I started studying with the Jw's when I was 16. I was dating my husband, 10yrs my senior, and he heard they had the truth. I was in an abusive household, so I moved in with him, studied, got married at 17 and baptised at 18.

I believed in it hook, line and sinker for 22 yrs. If I had a doubt, I pushed it aside and waited on Jehovah, and waited, and waited, and waited.

My faith was shattered when I heard the reports on NBC about the child abuse settlements. I was so furious that they had us going door to door with kingdom news 37 "False Religions End is Near!" Which in part, condemns the Catholic Church for the very things they were doing. I never went to a meeting again. My husband, a devout JW, kept calling the elders on me. I got sick of it, so I put in my letter of disassociation to stop the harrassment. I still wanted it to be the truth, but after examining the bible, without their influence, their beliefs just dont match up with the bible, and I won't go back. I consider myself a Christian, but nondenominational.

This is causing a great strain in my marriage, and I don't think we'll make it. I can't take being screamed at about the end coming and that I've given myself over to Satan on a daily basis. I've done everything I can to respect that he still believes this way, and I don't interfere, but he does not respect me this way.

Anyway, I hope to make friends here. Thanks for reading.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Little Bird!

Sorry to hear about the strain on your marriage. You will find many who can share stories and strengths here.

Love,
    Baba.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board,

sorry you are getting abused for having a different belief than your husband.

purps

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcome, littlebird. Your story is similar to that of a lot of posters here. Look forward to hearing more from you.

• besty
    besty

well done to you for doing something about it - many have and are putting up with an abusive religion and an abusive partner

your husband sounds very insecure and very immature - have you ever been able to have a calm conversation with him about how his behaviour makes you feel?

anyways - welcome to JWN - stick around and keep posting...

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Welcome to this forum.

It will take a long time to open your husbands eyes.

Take it slow.

moooooooooo

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome, Little Bird. You are in very good company here. Many share your story, so you are not alone. It's so sad that respect of one's beliefs is often a one way street with that group. We recently lost a fledgling due to her husband banning her from this site.

It's sad, but I'm sure she'll be back, and maybe he will be back, too.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Welcome to the forum Littlebird, yes coming into the truth about the JWS organization is unraveling and a shock to the senses.

Unfortunately this high control group is not kind to marriages that aren't united in supporting this religion,

they present quite problem when one is not willing and dedicated in becoming one of their mind controlled slaves.

Take care and I hope will hear more from you.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the forum Littlebird,

I too am sorry for your marriage upset.
    My advice dont argue with him. That will
    give you a break

http://exjw.weebly.com/ Grace Gough.Granny on board

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN!Please don't let him abuse you in any way. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit