Literature found in dumpster - does it not warm your heart?

by kurtbethel 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

When I got rid of my literature, I tore it up. I'd tear pages out of books, scribble over the copy - it took a while but I didn't want others picking up the books/mags and reading them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The bound littera-trash is worthless, since it is altered. The original washtowel article from the original magazine holds the original viewpoint (which is unchangeable), and the bounds are altered. Chances are, the CD-ROMs are also the altered versions, so they will be good enough to compare the originals with the reprints from.

As for recycling, there is always a danger that some bum is going to find them and want a study out of them. Then they will get a new member, which makes for good Grand Boasting Session and Yearbook experience material. If they are properly destroyed, this cannot happen. I do, however, recommend making it as close to impossible as you can to trace them back to who threw them out. And, if you have a shredder that can handle the bound volumes, that makes it that much easier to recycle them without the risk of having someone find them and become a witless on them.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Right now, I'm helping my father clean up his place. He has many duplicate magazines going back several years. I suggested he put them in his recycle bin but... get this... he is burning them. I thought it was a little odd to light your fire in the middle of July but what the hey. Is that because he doesn't want any of the neighbouring JWs to see he is throwing them out in his blue bin?

All I know is, (yay!), they're being destroyed. Buh bye! And his place is getting tidier by the minute (yay!).

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

I found an Awake on the ground while I was on my run the other day. My mind instantly flashed to a memory of one of those uncorroberated fantasy stories they tell at the conventions about how a single tract found in the garbage led to an entire family joining the cult. Although I would like to have faith in humanity that people just arn't gullable enough to fall for such tripe anymore, I know better. So I grabbed it, and carried it home so I could rip it to shreads and give it a proper disposal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit