Did You See A Lot of Politics Within The Organization?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

Yes I once told an Elder that the CO has veto power... "oh no said the Elder "..." then why " I said

"did the decision go opposite to you 4 local elders and Aline with the CO viewpoint ?" As a "reward "

for my boldness I lost my home book study group , like pronto !

It reminds me of a joke of sorts...

A little boy is four years old has never spoken.. all of a sudden he speaks one day ..". mom these cookies are burnt"

Well the family is elated, jumping for joy, they say to the lad "but if you could speak, why didn't you do so until now?The boys answer.. "because up till now everything has been great "

That's what I found everything seemed great and fair up till then.. speaking up changed everything !

• bibledike
    bibledike

If only there was a local publisher impeachment program

• metatron
    metatron

Please rephrase your question:

Did you see anything except politics within the organization?

That sums it up

metatron

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- Politics happened constantly. I saw elders appointed because they were good friends and brown nosing other elders . I had been an MS for 6 years, stepped down and in the mid 1990's was pioneering regularly. I was independent and not an a$$ kisser, yet people liked my talks and couldn't understand why I wasn't appointed. One friend of mine who advanced from MS to elder asked me , " Flipper do you know how to get appointed as a MS again ? I said, " Just stay busy reaching out helping the friends in service, meetings, etc. " He said, " No. You have to cozy up to the right elders in the congregation who have the power who will notice you. Don't get close to 80 year old Brother Fragile who has no duties. You have to get noticed by the power elders, movers and shakers. " I said, " No thanks. I don't operate that way. I'd rather get appointed by my works and own merit. " Needless to say I was never appointed again. Just as well I didn't want the pressure

• suchafool
    suchafool

when i was in and i was only in for 10 years, it was always about who you were close to. this bro, was only baptized for 6 years, and was made elder. when he made that people were all over him with congrats and i never did that to him. i knew personally he was not this great guy. i knew how terrible he treated his wife. she and i were best friends. they thought he was so perfect that when his wife asked for a meeting with the elders with her and her husband, one elder told him he didn't need one. she begged for one, because he was such an ahole. it made me sick to see him get that. but he kissed the right butt to get it. there was a bro. who was raised in and he was ms forever, gave amazing talks, went to different congs. for talks, but he didn't get that. not too long after that he stepped down from ms. now i don't know personally if that had anything to do with that but the timing was just right. even for sisters, if you went out in service regularly and made all meetings, you got called to (volunteer) to do demos, rv's were given to you, you would be acknowledged. but if you stopped and became irregular, that all stopped. its the way life is. its all about who you know not what you know.

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding appointed men that OBVIOUSLY were not appointed by holy spirit, I think many know that when someone gets appointed and they clearly don't qualify, that it's who you know. One serial adulterer in the late 70s into early 1980s was an elder, df'd, reappointed 2 YEARS LATER!!! and then resigned and a year later was reappointed. This guy would give trips and cruises as gifts to the COs.

• Heaven
    Heaven

As a teenager I saw this and I was on the periphery. I figured this couldn't possibly be God's organization if politics existed within it. Just add it to the reason list why I never joined.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

When I was an elder I thought that the congregation I served was the only congregation that was involved in heavy religious politics. The alpha elders continually battled each other. These alpha elders continually plotted against each other. The CO was the boss. Even if he went against the WTS directions, he was always right.

When I spoke to another elder in a different congregation, he told me of the same power struggles in his congregation. After he visited a doctor, he was told that the stresses of being on the elder body was ruining his health.

Amazingly the congregation did not know anything of what happens in the elder body. If they knew, some would certainly come to realize that God's holy spirit was not with this organization. I told my wife some of the power struggles and she did not believe me. She still feels that the organization does no wrong and thinks that I have all the wrong perceptions.

There was a brother who served in the congregation for years, approximately 8 years. He really busted himself to serve the congregation. He did everything he was asked to do and more, but he was never appointed as a servant. He did not kiss up to the right elder. There was always that one power elder that would hold this brother back. This brother switched to another congregation and became friends with the boss elder in the congregation. He was appointed a ministerial servant within 3 months. How could this brother qualify in one congregation and not another when nothing was different with this brother? It had nothing to do with the holy spirit, it all depended on who one kissed up to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit