Good-bye Everyone

by cognac 59 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

Good luck. I hope you and your husband are back. I hope you don't use a NWT of the bible.

Come back ASAP.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WE will miss you Cognac , but I can see that you are doing a good thing for the sake of your marriage..A reasoned balanced study of The Bible is fine. Just a couple of thoughts though :

I assume that hubby's view is to try and rekindle your "spirituality" ie, as per J W's ..You have given up your major source of reference, what is he abstaining from?

You know how persuasive the WT arguments can sound if not tempered by the broader information on the net. Do not let the debate be taken from the WT standpoint. Do not forget all the principles that identify a fallacious argument. Do not allow the emotion of wanting to be back in the "happy family" cloud your judgement of truth or falsehood.

All that said...Do what you believe to be right , we wish you well

• chickpea
    chickpea

fair winds and following seas, mate....

hope you both get what you want
    and it turns out to be what you need....

godspeed

c/p

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I recommend the Oxford Study Bible

• yesidid
    yesidid

It's been good knowing you.

Surely we'll meet again.

yesidid

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, to be able to trade R***** for you! You've been so nice and caring on here.

• oompa
    oompa

cog......just let me/us know how it goes down.....i kinda need to ya know..........thanks friend.........oomps

• cawshun
    cawshun

Cognac, Hope all goes well, you will be missed, I enjoyed your post.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

first I would like to thank Vinnie for saying what needed to be said. I agree with him.

But as a ex JW who's husband stayed a JW I can understand her doing what she feels will help. I too sometimes had the urge to go with him to the KH just to be with him and create harmony in our marriage. (our kids were all grown and on their own) I was willing to pay the price...when he later died I felt guilty for not going with him when I wanted to. We could have had more time together.

As Vince said I think they would say anything to get you to come back. Cognac's husband, if he is a JW, can in no way stop being a JW and just study the bible on his own. We all know that. But I am sure Cognac realizes that risk.

I hope all goes well for them and they reach a happy union in one way or another. My heart goes out to them as I know the pain they both must feel.

Now, do you think she would mind if I borrowed her Avatar?

I used to use it a few years ago but quit when I noticed she had it. I would like to borrow it for a while...

• White Dove
    White Dove

I love that avatar. It's a reminder to be who you feel you are. I'd like to see it more often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit