What statements really shocked you when you first came to this board?

by JimmyPage 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

One in particular stands out to me. A poster referred to the governments turning on religion as "an old JW myth". I thought it was a downright blasphemous thing to say! Now I look back and am thankful for such bold statements that shocked me into reality.

So what shocked you?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't remember any one statement being shocking, but I was surprised about how funny a lot of people are here.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought at first that most of the posters here were just bitter and stupid. Then I got bitter and stupid. Oh wait. That's also called a moment of clarity

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

The word "Apostafest."

• fokyc
    fokyc

Nothing 'shocked me',

I was just so pleased to find out that the treatment I was receiving from the elders was pretty much universal.

I have always been very thankful for that, whilst the real explanation for this is still unclear.

Are the elders actually taught or encouraged to lie about so many things?

I still await a rational explanation for the whole outfit, meanwhile I just accept that the JW's are a cult.

fokyc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once I found out what many people went through as witlesses, I quickly realized why they were bitter. It is similar to what happens when someone falls for a scam that costs them their life savings--they are going to be p***ed.

By being witlesses, they are in a scam (and some had no choice, since they were born into it). This scam costs them any chance of ever having any life savings, their education, any fun while they are growing up, all their time, and often their health. Some lose children because of faulty doctrine or because they die in accidents while out in field circus or because of persecution. Then, they realize that the New Dark Ages is never coming as promised or that it isn't going to be so grand after all--of course, they are going to be p***ed.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The 1914 Generation Change..Seeker4 explained it to me a couple of years ago..I could`nt frigg`n believe it..

......................OUTLAW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought most here were bitter at first, but now as a mutual injured worshiperof Jehovah I can now relate

• wobble
    wobble

I was shocked at the disrespect shown to the name "Jehovah", shocked that the Blood doctrine was wrong 100%,and shocked that so many were leaving the Borg,like me.

I then discovered what a wonderful place this was for research, and forming new viewpoints, and gradually getting rid of any Dubthoughts.

It is also a great place to find real friends.

Love to all,

Wobble

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

when I first came on here a thread was running regarding how bad and cruel Jehovah was and is. It shocked me out of my stupor but did not send me packing as I still had Jesus.

Now of course there is the concept of the christ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit