1st time in 30 years no one Baptized at our Assembly

by James Jack 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

At our Assembly in Alabama, no one got baptized, even though we added 3 congregations to our side in the Circuit. Just looked at my wife and said wow.

Yet ironically, the Regular Pioneer ranks have increased 45% in the last 5 years!

• sir82
    sir82
    45% more pioneers, but fewer converts....hamster wheel is spinning faster than ever.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

James - Wow just Wow! I am very surprised they are not "pushing" some of the younger ones to get baptized!

This makes the C.O. look very ineffective! I hope this trend keeps on happening!

Thanks for the info!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It happened her in SoCal a few years back. It was one of the last assemblies I attended before leaving. I remember quite a few of the R&F had a really hard time processing this embarrassing fact.

Fortunately for them, cognitive dissonance kicked in and helped them keep their faith intact.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    They must be nearing the completion of the preaching work if they've contacted nearly all the right-hearted ones! Armageddon is closer now than ever before!
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    Do you think they may stop having baptism program at circuit assemblies and just have the event at annual regionals?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the information age Watchtower Corporation !

With the advent of the inter-net available to the general public, its has become much more obvious that this religious publishing house has lied, bullshiited and mislead people to build itself up.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Annual world population growth is 70m+. Org's growth = 200-300k.

The Org's recruitment slogans cannot account for this vast statistical discrepancy!

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Announcement after the mid morning session song: "If you are a baptism candidate & have not done so, kindly take your seat at the front..." (oops, there are none!)
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Hours Preaching per Conversion

In 1969 there was one baptism for every 1,983 hours of preaching. During the 1980s it had risen to 3,000 hours. From 1990 to 2011 the number of hours preaching required per baptism increased from 3000 to 6000, an increase of 100%.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit