Do the JWs believe that there will be no accidents or mistakes in the new system?

by easyreader1970 10 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

If you cut yourself, will it heal instantly or will it heal at a normal rate? Will it hurt? What if you cut yourself too deeply and you begin to lose too much blood?

If you fall down the stairs will you break your leg? Your neck? If you do break your neck, will it heal instantly? Will you not die?

What if you are repairing a roof and slip off of the side? Will angels rescue you before you hit the ground?

What if you jump into a lake and cannot swim?

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I don't know that many dubs actually think about it easyrider. I had a conversation with my sister a while back about this. She was talking about the "new system", and how there would be no need for paramedics. I pointed out that God must have designed bones to break. This was met with a brief discussion, and then her not wanting to talk about it. Frustrating.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think that their coordination will be perfect as well. Hence, no accidents.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I never really heard anyone discuss this. I had thought about it, and I just figured whatever was broken would heal itself pretty quick.

Seems to me that accidents are just that: accidents. They're bound to happen. I don't think they're 100% preventable.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Seems to me that accidents are just that: accidents. They're bound to happen. I don't think they're 100% preventable.

Yes, so I am kind of confused by the "new system" and how these sort of unfortunate things will not happen anymore, based upon current JW teachings. If accidents are not 100% preventable then deaths cannot be 100% preventable. Or they shouldn't be.

I think my problem is that most of the references to a "new earth" of any kind are in Psalms, which is a book of lyrics - not to be taken literally.

• blondie
    blondie

(Psalm 91:11-12) 11 For he will give his own angels a command concerning you, To guard you in all your ways. 12 Upon their hands they will carry you, That you may not strike your foot against any stone.

Correction:

*** gh chap. 17 p. 158 par. 11 A Paradise of Joy for All Mankind ***

Death-dealing scourges, such as cancer, heart disease and old age, will vanish due to the application of Christ’s atoning sacrifice. ‘But how about accidental death?’ someone may ask. Even this will disappear, for the earthly paradise will be patterned after the heavenly, where "harm" and "ruin" are unknown. (Isaiah 11:9) Man’s spirituality will guard him against taking foolhardy risks. Perfect man will no more make misjudgments than does the mountain goat that leaps unerringly from rock to rock on the face of a cliff. Also, in the case of unforeseen danger, God’s angels will no doubt provide physical protection, even as they now have a "command" to guard God’s people in their place of spiritual security.—Psalm 91:11.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

God’s angels will no doubt provide physical protection

Have you ever noticed how very often the phrase "no doubt" is used in Watchtower publications? Seems like every third paragraph.

• nelly136
    nelly136

wasnt there a 1000 years before the next cleanup? the one where anyone who'd been resurrected non jw had time to be cloned into dubism before getting destroyed after the final cleanup? (did that change?)

so i wondered were the resurrected coming back as perfect or did that take 1000 years to evolve?

the final cleanup would take care of any mistakes or anyone who didnt fit in, and i thought that being made young again wasnt an instantaneous thing it happened over a period of time.......wasnt sure back then if that meant it would take place quickly or whether it would be stretched out.

who knows maybe they'll be running round looking like the cast from 'death becomes her' for a 1000 years

all that worrying about whether theyd get through armagonnagettum only to go through an even longer trial period.

( i'm rusty so anyone with a better memory than mine can correct me if i'm way off base)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was told that things would be 100% safe--perfect people do not make mistakes that could result in someone getting hurt.

Which is of course not the case. As I see it (and I did not see this from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, but I put it together from what they did provide), the pressure will simply be too high. Quotas will be nearly impossible to reach, and people will simply have to work beyond their safe limits. Housing will be rushed--a person might have to complete two or three houses a week, plus educate all those getting resurrected, plus still have time for the boasting sessions (which will not end). Sleep will be extremely limited, preventing healing (and also preventing physical perfection). When people arrived at "spiritual perfection", everything they do will be what Jehovah tells them to--often leading to even more accidents (and boredom, stagnation, and more despondency).

Yes, I was taught that there would be "learning errors". This means that even perfect people could turn out a bad product--while they are developing their skills, that kind of mistakes are bound to happen anyways. Again, I realize that this could not happen--if everything you do is what you are told to, you bypass this phase. You also bypass being able to learn how things work, you cannot learn to be fully integrated (and hence create new items), and you become bored that much quicker. And, boredom errors (the ones you make because you are not paying attention, because of boredom) will not be permitted in the New Dark Ages.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

It's completely illogical: Man will be perfect and will have the perfect ability to think ahead, see what's coming, and then not do something detrimental or harmful to himself or others. No mistakes.

Wasn't Adam perfect? How did he and Eve fail so miserably at not thinking ahead?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit