Christian T.V show....man claims after car accident Jesus talked to him! Are they on drugs or lying?

by Witness 007 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• choosing life
    choosing life

The most interesting near death experiences are from children. They are not so culturally aligned as adult experiences are.

When I watch that experience, I can't help but ask why Jesus doesn't let others know he is there instead of this one man?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe." -Roy Batty in Bladerunner

But people go through all kinds of things to achieve altered consciousness - wander the wilderness, fast, etc. And trauma can certainly kindle all kinds of experiences. Did Paul fall down because of a bright light, or see one after? These things can get blurred.

It's not so shocking that we see things, or that we can relate them as everyday events. The subconscious has a lot of stuff in there. It's more interesting to see what we do with these experiences.

"Life's just a story you're telling yourself." -Spanbauer, The Man Who Fell in Love with the Moon

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

He was probably given morphine. People are known to hallucinate on it. So it could be that it appeared very real to him.

Witness007 did note that this occurred while he was waiting for treatment, not recieving it Cam. I hear where your coming from though.

I do remember some things that happened during this time.

Could ya please share a little bit of your experience. I remember sometime back you talked about a NDE.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

These experiences also seem to be race and religion centric. A muslim will experience Mohammed or Allah, Christians will see Jesus and Buddists will see Buddah calling them to the light.

Do you have a reference for this? It makes sense, and is very intriguing to me.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I've had a few experiences both while under anesthesia and during lucid everyday moments that weren't at all related to my belief system at the time of the occurances. I don't know what the answers are, and since no one could even possibly know for certain until after they're dead, I don't worry about it.

• Chalam
  • B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

So the God he already worships just HAPPENS to be the one who talks to him. How convenient.

Now if Ganesh showed up and told him to become a Hindu, I'd be slightly more impressed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Spiritual experiences in my meditations were not w characters from my belief system, at the time. However, it is a likeleyhood that they would appear to a person who is not honest w themself.

S

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The most homo-erotic proof for the existence of god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF3L359yKjs

• The Berean
    The Berean

Ya, and Eve made Adam's banana stand. Now, I'll bet that fit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit