Christian T.V show....man claims after car accident Jesus talked to him! Are they on drugs or lying?

by Witness 007 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This guy had a serious accident and had limbs amputed but when interviewed claims very logically that while waiting for help Jesus appeared and told him..."Jim, everything will be okay, it's not your time...I need you to be a missionary for me..." This guy talks about it like it's nothing! ARE THESE PEOPLE FOR REAL or just lying.....I agree with Marx who said "religion is the opium of the people."

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

He was probably given morphine. People are known to hallucinate on it. So it could be that it appeared very real to him.

Heck...what was Paul smoking or injecting when he claimed to see Jesus on the road to Damascus?

And why did so many people believe him?....Or did they? Perhaps Paul had some "brotherhood backers" and of course, they pushed his writings.

Mob mentatility seems to form when there is reinforcement.

I died and was in a coma for 2 1/2 days. I did not see Jesus...or anyone else I know who died. I do remember some things that happened during this time. But deep coma ...all I know is unconsciousness. And awaking like it was the best sleep I ever had.

If Jesus was around, I am sure he would have stopped by to see me.

• Chalam
    Chalam

There are thousands of similar accounts.

It all depends if you believe in the afterlife and that Jesus is God?

Anyhow, here's another-well worth checking out...

Glimpse of Eternity by Ian McCormack

Ian McCormack Testemony

Ian McCormick - After death Experience

All the best,

Stephen

• Will Power
    Will Power

He could have some head injury in the temporal lobe area which controls spiritual experiences.

wp

• designs
    designs

People have phenomenology occur related to their belief system.

• metatron
    metatron

People in India sometimes report near death experiences. These seem to resonate with their culture. Instead of being welcomed by Jesus, they have to sit around in offices and fill out forms, etc!

metatron

• androb31
    androb31

"People have phenomenology occur related to their belief system."

Not always. Here's an interesting read of muslims converting after visions and dreams of Jesus. Google it, there are thousands upon thousands of testimonies all over the world from a multitude of different faiths .

http://amightywind.com/fastfood/dreams/040723muslimdreams.htm

• androb31
  • The-Borg
    The-Borg

There are thousands of similar accounts.

It all depends if you believe in the afterlife and that Jesus is God?

Anyhow, here's another-well worth checking out...

Glimpse of Eternity by Ian McCormack

Pilots that are exposed to extreme G force in combat manouvers or in a centrifuge experience almost identical symptoms of near death experiences as the blood flow to the brain is cut off.

These experiences also seem to be race and religion centric. A muslim will experience Mohammed or Allah, Christians will see Jesus and Buddists will see Buddah calling them to the light.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Maybe they all see similar things but their personal visions and interpretations are guided by their personal belief systems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit