Atheists choose 'de-baptism' to renounce childhood faith

by whereami 58 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
  • VIII
    VIII

Sure.

Then they'll 'Dis-Fellowship" you.

Simple. You renounce them, they renounce you.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Just more proof that A-theism defined in itself as 'not a believer in God' is a religion in itself.

Reniaa

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Redefining words is a tool of cults, not reasoning people.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Just more proof that A-theism defined in itself as 'not a believer in God' is a religion in itself.

Why even care? Does it threaten you in some way?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Oh, brother. This is as stupid as having surgery to reclaim your "virginity." If you want to draw attention to your beliefs there are more productive ways of doing so.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Whatevs, I guess.

BTS

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Actually I would like to be baptised! I really do want to have a baptism according to the way Jesus Christ commanded: In the name of the Father and of the son and of Holy Spirit. It has been burning my conscience for a long time now that instead of obeying Jesus Christ I made my vows to: Jehovah Jesus Christ and "Gods Spirit Directed Organization" I want to include the Holy Spirit in my baptism. I am concerned that the Holy Spirit may be grieved by the fact I left it out of my vows and instead replaced it with an organization of mere men. The only unforgivable sin! The transgression (sin) which causes desolation (unforgivable) I want to actually obey Jesus Christs commandment. After all isn't that what makes you a real Christian. abe

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Abe: Jehovah Jesus Christ and "Gods Spirit Directed Organization" I want to include the Holy Spirit in my baptism.

Better get a big pool. That's a lot of gods to party with.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Just more proof that A-theism defined in itself as 'not a believer in God' is a religion in itself. My reply: Oh yeah, that's why all Atheists go in the same direction. And by what authority is Atheism a religion? You? So we should add to the many thousands of religion apostasy- which is truly referring to those who leave the JW cult, right, and now Atheism. Ok, got it...makes perfect sense to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit