Book-Burning in Wisconsin

by daniel-p 30 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Parents: If you don't want your children reading a particular book, how about controlling there every waking moment so they never, ever see or hear or touch or smell or experience or feel anything for the rest of their lives!

Void! That's far too much trouble! Me? Raise my own kids??? Heck no, I'd rather just make sure nothing I find offensive even exists. Wha Happened, I nearly spewed that time! LOL

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Some people are to stupid to live. It's a shame that such absurd behavior still exists. Yet another reason to hate religion.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I support having a rating system for books like we do for video games, movies and cds. Children can still have access to these things if the parents so wish. Even as an adult I don't like to be surprised by certain kinds of entertainment. If something contains sex or strong language,etc, I'd like to know that going in and choose whether or not to read it. Preventing other people from having access to it is just ridiculous.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Do they still use lead pipes in some parts of the country for the water supply?

BTS

• dinah
    dinah

That's why so many kids who are raised in a fundamentalist environment grow up to be freaks.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That's why so many kids who are raised in a fundamentalist environment grow up to be freaks.

The liberal environment isn't necessarily too hot in that department either.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Why do fundamentalist Christians get more worked up over anything gay related (marriage, books, etc.) than they ever do over murderers or pedophiles?

Surely killing a man is more sinful than having sex with him?

Surely raping a child is more sinful? Frankly in my opinion, than just about anything but that's another thread.

What is so god-awful about gays that gets these types so fanatical? And then, why do they not show 1/100th of the anger or angst over behaviors that are truly dangerous and devastating?

Inquiring minds want to know . . . .

• beksbks
    beksbks
    The liberal environment isn't necessarily too hot in that department either.

Explain? You really think that any "liberal agenda" in this country is given even 1/4 the credence of some religious nutbags???

• John Doe
    John Doe

If people just ignored nutjobs, they would mostly go away.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Doe you disprove that statement your self. You've not gone away at all, but have actually become more prominent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit