We Should All Be Extremely Proud if Ourselves!!!

by cognac 14 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm proud of myself or anyone else that finally figures out the JW are nothing but a cult. It is simply better to know it's BS and to get out from underneath the BS.

In fact I no longer have a need to feel proud of myself, just happy for getting out.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I work with a woman who is a Christian, and I've been working with her for almost four years. She recently told me, (now that she knows I'm not a jw anymore) that she has been praying for me since I started working for her, that my eyes would be opened and I would know the true love of Christ and not be controled by this cult. Well we were talking about all the things I realized was wrong with this religion and I said to her "and I used to be one of them, " and she said "but your NOT one of them that's why you are out." It was so profound. We should be proud of ourselves because deep down we were never and are NOT one of 'them'! Think about it..............wf

• homeschool
    homeschool

It restored my faith in my instincts, in my abilities to reason, to see the real truth, and to stand up for myself. Up until recently, I did not have any real specific facts. Now I know that my suspicions when I was a teenager were correct.

I believe it has made me stronger as I have had to use proper reasoning and principles to explain to my parents why things weren't correct with the WTS. Dang, I couldn't have put that better myself. We almost had a pseudo double-post...glad I read the previous comments first!

I was taught to second guess myself ALL the time. Everything I did was wrong, according to my elders. I'm proud of myself for realizing that I'm really not that rebellious at all. However, when I feel like something is worthwhile, I now fight for it without feeling guilty.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

We should be proud of learning how to think for ourselves and not blindly accept as fact the things that we are told!

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

My ex-sister and brother in law, who are still friends, say I am more playful now. Before it was all serious. I also achieved a major change in career, impossible when I was married and brainwashed. I tried studying back then, and it was impossible.

Beachwalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit