The One show - JW clip (UK)

by Peppermint 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Did anyone see this? I wonder if this guy (hugo montgomery-swan) works for the BBC? he looks the type. I have seen him a number of time doing this Wholesome-JW-Family-Act courtesy of my Liscence fee!

http://www.philsnelman.com/videos/oneshow.html

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Wow - I can't believe I missed this. This is a very sanitised version of JW activities, it would have been interesting if concepts such as shunning were explored.

I can't help feel sorry for JW kids who might have been teased/bullied by classmates who watched that programme. Did anyone notice that the presenter was wearing a poppy? Was this deliberate to show that JWs don't have a problem with war remembrance?

It was a nice marketing ploy but missed an opportunity - people forget that a young woman lost her life and left new born babies motherless. This appeared to be dismissed and the issue could have been pushed harder. I would like to see a weighty current affairs programme pick this up.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Whats a poppy?

I was thinking that maybe with the reference to the celebrities, people would think about Scientology and the celebrities linked to it, and see it as another wacko religion in that way.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Christine Bleakley is so hot…….

I even watched ‘strictly come dancing’ because of her…….

Ouch….!!!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I agree Mr Majestic

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I know what a poppy is, I did not know the signifigance of wearing one.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    Did anyone notice that the presenter was wearing a poppy?

I had to go back to look again. That is really funny……

Very well spotted.

This link will help you purps:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks

Mr. Majestic

I would think that him wearing the poppy refect his own personal views and respect for Veterens? No?

I was thinking how they left the meeting for Sunday Lunch. Most Witnesses I know go out to lunch after Sunday meeting, most meetings are from 10-12:00. And also the wife did a fair amount of talking too!!!!

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Watching that gave me goose bumps - Yuk.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

I would think that him wearing the poppy refect his own personal views and respect for Veterens? No?

Absolutely - however I found it funny that he was attending a KH wearing a symbol that JWs would frown upon. I was always told not to buy or wear a poppy as it glorified war and therefore was at odds with JW teachings.

I bet that if that had been an ordinary person or a member of the rank and file they would have been counselled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit